Reckless - Chapter Seven

Hello everyone! I am literally in love with this chapter! I mean, what is better than music? This chapter further introduces Nash’s character and we get to see what he’s really like and what he does! Also, you get to meet a number of new characters! We hope you enjoy this chapter, and thank you all again for all the love and support!

xoxo, Gabby from The Aurora Honor

P.S. You all learn the reason for our username!

Chapter Seven

From outside the place, I can already hear the music.

Melanie and I walk up to the entrance, which is surprisingly guarded by a security guard. We go to stand in a line filled with people who look like rock stars. The majority don dark clothing, tattoos inked onto their bodies, and edgy hairstyles that I could never pull off.

I definitely do not fit into this crowd.

Melanie chose my outfit for me. I can honestly care less about what I am wearing. She insisted that I wore a dress - even though I think that dresses were atrocious. However, Melanie claimed that the dress looked amazing on me.

It is a lacy, dark navy blue number that accents my sea-green eyes. It rests above mid-thigh and is sleeveless. Melanie topped the outfit off with a black leather jacket. I am wearing my black combat boots, which I insisted because they are more comfortable than the heels Melanie wanted me to wear.

My blonde hair is loosely curled, and Melanie added light makeup to my face. She insists that I look “drop dead gorgeous.” I don’t see how I could ever look that way, but I just brushed it off.

Melanie, on the other hand, looks flawless. She is wearing a deep purple skirt that flows to her mid-thigh. She paired it with a black sweater that settles off her shoulder. She is wearing black heeled ankle boots. Her brown hair is straightened and pinned up on one side. She put on just enough makeup to accent her bright brown eyes.

When it comes time for us to go inside, the security guard asks for our IDs. We hand him our licenses and then are quickly ushered inside.

Walking in, the first thing I notice is the lack of space. The place is packed wall-to-wall with people. There are some by the stage - singing and dancing. Others are sitting at the bar and at tables, eating or drinking. I feel a sudden sense of claustrophobia overwhelm me.

Different colored lights stream all around the room. I literally have to steady myself because the bass is so heavy, it vibrates the place.

Melanie has hold of my arm as she pushes her way through the crowd of sweaty and, most likely, drunk people. We make it to an open spot at the bar. She pushes me to a stool and I sit down, taking in my surroundings more clearly. We aren’t that far from the stage; I can clearly see the band members.

What catches my eye first is the large group of girls surrounding the stage. Their focuses mesmerized by the singer on stage.

I finally focus on the band that is entrancing the crowd.

The music is rock or, even, alternative, with influences of punk and metal. Even though their music isn’t exactly my style, the band is amazing. You can tell how much they love playing for the crowd. Each member of the band is fully immersed into his own little world.

The members of the band are so skilled at what they execute to the crowd. I look at each member, watching as they barely even acknowledge the people. They are so focused on the task at hand.