Thirteen - "We get the f*ck outta Derry!"

There was a deathly silence outside as Vic, Belch and Lydia stood in the tall grass surrounding the Trans Am. Henry hadn't spoken whatsoever since he'd punched his father and promise Lydia they could run away together. It was almost like every part of his world had changed in a moment of minutes and he was scared that whatever grasp he had on what was left of who he was was slowly slipping away from him; almost as if he was fading into insanity.

"You okay Henry?" Vic was the first to break the silence

But Henry didn't reply he only sat completely unmoving in the tall grass, his eyes never met theirs for a second.

The blonde boy didn't even spare his friends a second thought as he stood to his feet and moved towards the mailbox. It was only as Henry pulled what looked to be a parcel out from inside that Lydia noticed the red balloon, floating away in the wind; that was the moment she knew. Pennywise, that terrifying fucking clown, was after her Henry.

"Fuck!" She cursed before running towards the mailbox.

Henry had already made his way inside by the time she reached the rusted silver box and to the girl's complete terror the discarded wrapping of the parcel read a certain name and return address that made her blood run cold.

Mr Bob Grey
29 Neibolt Street
Derry

29 Neibolt street... She'd seen that house in her dreams every night for months and almost every day of her life. That placed haunted her, because Lydia knew what most people did not; that was where the clown lived.

And with that she ran.

The Greystone girl desperately sprinted across the lawn and through the porch door of the house, leaving Vic and Belch outside completely alone and defenceless.

It seemed as though Lydia had made it into the house just in time, just in time to see Henry holding his switch blade against his Sleeping father's throat. Silently the young girl crept forwards and wrapped her arms around Henry's torso, and with a soft hand she took the knife from his grasp, and stopped him from killing the oh so deserving man. Just as he had once done for her.

There was a muted moment, after Henry turned to face his girlfriend where neither of the two spoke

There was a muted moment, after Henry turned to face his girlfriend where neither of the two spoke. They could only stare into one another's eyes, and sadly it was only as Lydia Greystone gazed up into her boyfriend's once caring blue orbs that she saw the hatred hidden behind them.

Before the blonde could think to yell for Vic and Belch, or to run, Henry's hand was around her small throat and her frail body was shoved against the wall like a rag doll.

"H, please I c-can't..." she choked out as she desperately clawed at his hands in an attempt to save herself. "I can't breathe..."

With his spare hand, not stopping to even take a breath, Henry wrestled the switchblade from his girlfriend's hand and before anyone was able to stop him he cut a gash into her forearm. The young girl let out a scream so ungodly that not only Belch and Vic heard it outside, that the neighbours heard it too; but still Butch Bowers did not wake up.