Two - "Wanna bet Princess?"

Instead of going to Lydia's house like they'd all originally planned to do, the Bowers Gang found themselves cruising around town, the boy's all trying to pick up girls whilst Lydia insulted each and every single one of them for being such cave men.

The poor girl wished she could say it wasn't something the boys usually did, but truthfully it was. She was in that car at least once a week, if not every weekend, being forced to help them hit on girls. Occasionally when it did actually work (usually only for Patrick) her and one of the boys would be forced to get out of the car and walk in order to make room for the girl, or she was forced to sit in someone's lap. But we all know she would rather walk.

"Honestly if you guys want to pick up girls why can't you just do it when I'm not here?"

(Ignore the dog, pretend it's Vic 😂)

"We'd be wasting valuable time trying to get laid." Patrick smiled innocently as he placed and arm around Lyds, despite his crude words.

"You guys are all disgusting."

"Hey don't bring me into this, I haven't hit on one girl yet."

"Yet, is the key word Belch. That means you're going to."

"Well can you blame me? Have you seen the girls at our school?"

"Excuse me? But I'm a girl who goes to our school, what are you trying to say?"

"Be careful what you say Belch, she could beat the shit out of you if she wanted to." Henry cut in

"And I'm guessing you're into that sort of stuff Henry?" Vic rose an eyebrow, "She beat the shit out of you before?"

"No, it just- it doesn't matter." Memories of the night his dad attacked him and Lydia tried to protect him from him flashed through his mind like flickering lights. That was only two nights before she found out the truth about what he'd done and she broke up with him.

He could remember her busted lip, the one his dad had given her, and he could remember the way she kissed him when they finally got to the safety of her house, and how he could taste the blood on her lip. And the way she kicked him out two days later for doing the unforgivable.

"If you guys are really going to be flirting with girls in front of me and trying to get them to sleep with your sorry asses, can we at least go to a drive thru? I don't know how much more of this I can take."

"Just 5 minutes, that's all we need."

But Vic was completely wrong, because half an hour later they were still cruising to pick up random girls on the street all the while Lydia practically wasted away to nothing from boredom in the backseat. Henry watched her through the car mirror, knowing exactly how she was feeling since he'd made a point of not hitting on any girls in front of her, or ever until she hopefully took him back. And so with a soft smile at the mere sight of her half asleep, Henry turned the radio on and unintentionally allowed the sound of Nirvana to terrify her awake.