Nine - "Then leave with me."

"He did this to you?"

The tortured boy before Lydia did don't even speak a word, he barely even moved. For some reason in Henry's mind if he didn't move or look into the eyes of the girl he pined after he thought that maybe he'd become invisible and the whole situation would go away on its own, he prayed that it would; but in the back of his mind he knew he was lying to himself.

"Don't." He mumbled before picking up the tube of medicine in front of him. "Just g-go."

"No, I want to help you."

"Please Lyds, don't."

The last thing Henry wanted was for his ex to see him that way just as she had so many times before. He hated for her to see him so vulnerable and beaten down, but it didn't change what she thought and the way she felt about him, it never would.

"Get the fuck out." He pleaded

Lydia let out a soft sigh before she sat at the edge of Henry's bed and was forced to watch, with pain in her heart, Henry struggling to medicate his own wounds.

She could hardly bare to watch and only got up from the bed to approach the boy once again when she noticed the tears brimming his electric blue eyes.

"Let me help you."

Silently the Greystone girl reached around Henry and took the tube of medicine from his hands. She'd completely forgotten what she'd gone there to do, all that mattered in those few fleeting moments was Henry Bowers.

"I don't want you to see me like this." He told her, "It makes me look weak."

"Henry you're the strongest person I know, fuck being weak."

Noiselessly the blond girl began to rub the medicine onto Henry's wounds, the sting it gave was horrible and Lydia could tell from the way Henry flinched every time the cream met his skin.

"You have to stay still."

"It fucking hurts!"

"You can hold my hand if you want."

"Fuck off." A smile met Henry's lips despite the pain he felt and the tears in his eyes

As the Greystone girl continued to tend to Henry's wounds she couldn't help but think what would've happened if she'd have stayed the night with Henry, she might've been able to protect him like she once had before. Sometimes all Lydia wanted to do was hide her three remaining boys away from the rest of the world where they'd be safe. All she wanted was for Henry, Vic and Belch to be safe again.

"I'm never going to let him hurt you again, Okay?

"You know you can't promise me that, and besides I wouldn't ever let you go near that piece of shit- not after what he did to me, and not after what he did to you."

"Then leave with me."

"What?"

"We can stay at my place o-or we could leave Derry..."

"Leave Derry? Are you fucking crazy?"

"Y-Yeah, you're right..." Lydia instantly stepped away from Henry and placed the tube of medication on his dresser, "It was a dumb idea."

"Lyds, you know I didn't mean it like that... I'm just- fuck I'm so fucking sorry."

With that said Henry Bowers broke down into tears and Lydia didn't waste a single second in taking the older boy into her arms and letting him cry. He desperately held onto her and before either of them knew it Henry was sat at the edge of his bed with Lyds in his lap whilst he cried into the crook of her neck.