Chapter 18

C H A P T E R    1 8

Queen Envy [pt. 1]

Previously...

"Look" he pointed somewhere in the park. I glanced at where he was pointing at and saw two people sitting on a park bench. Since it was dark, I couldn't see much since Cheetahs have bad night vision. But as I looked closer, I identified the two persons.

It was Kyle and Zoey! But wait... as I looked even closer, my eyes widen in shock. I saw they were......

Now...

They were eating ice cream without me!!!

Nah, I'm kidding.

I saw they were kissing. I was shocked and slightly hurt, I admit. But as much as I want to, the feeling of jealousy just wasn't there. I feel like I should be jealous because Kyle is my boyfriend, and he's kissing Zoey, my best friend. But I can't, and I feel bad that I don't. It's probably a good thing anyway, I wouldn't be akumatized, again.

I looked at Chat and saw he was giving me a sad stare. I just gave him a small smile and said, "I'll handle it." I was about to jump off the building, until Chat held my arm and stopped my actions. I looked at him and cocked an eyebrow.

"Do you want me to come with you?" he offered with concern.

I declined his offer, "No need, I can do it. But you can stay. In case something bad happens, you'll be there to rescue me, right?" I smiled.

He gladly returned my smile with his own, "Of course I will, purrincess"

He let go of my arm and I jumped down the building. I hid in an alleyway and de-transformed. My kwami hid in my shoulder bag, and I started walking towards the park. I casually strolled in, pretending I didn't see anything. I finally reached where Zoey and Kyle were, they were still kissing.

Zoey was gripping on Kyle's arms and it seemed like Kyle was trying to push her away but she wouldn't let go. As soon as they saw me, they immediately retracted from each other.

"[N-Name]!! What.. what are you doing here??" Zoey asked with a stutter. Kyle was hiding his face with his bangs in shame.

"I was just walking around trying to find you two. It was getting late and you two weren't back yet so I got worried. But now that I see you are perfectly fine, I'll go back now." I turned around to leave when Kyle suddenly called me.

"[Name] wait!" He held my arm and made me look at him.

"Please don't get mad at me for what happened, I didn't mean to! I swear! She suddenly started kissing me, I wanted to push her off but she held my arms tightly and couldn't move. Please... please don't leave me..." he begged, on the verge of crying.

"Kyle! Why are you doing this to me?!" Yelled Zoey. Kyle and I looked at her and saw that her eyes were red and tears were streaming her eyes. "I've loved you since we were kids yet you never notice! You only had your attention to [Name], you only flirted with her!! Why can't you just learn to love me?! [Name] obviously still loves Adrien and you know that!"

My eyes went wide at her words. Now it all makes sense. That's why I always caught her glaring when Kyle and I were together, why she suddenly ended the call when we told her we're dating, why she always wanted to have some alone time with Kyle. I feel like an idiot that I didn't realize sooner.

She suddenly ran away, sobbing. "Zoey wait!" Kyle ran after her. I suddenly had a bad feeling about this. I looked at where Zoey was running to, and I noticed a black and violet butterfly flapping towards her.

Oh no...

The butterfly merged with her necklace, the one Kyle gave her three years ago. Black smoke surrounded her and her appearance completely changed. Kyle stopped running after her seeing what just happened. I ran closer towards them and heard their conversation.

(Just imagine the girl in the pic younger and thinner XD its the best I could find cuz I am not good at describing clothes and appearance

(Just imagine the girl in the pic younger and thinner XD its the best I could find cuz I am not good at describing clothes and appearance.)

"Z-zoey?" Kyle asked in disbelief.

"I go by Queen Envy. You never notice me and always make me feel inferior, especially when it comes to [Name]! Now I'll make sure everyone knows my name, and you will love me and treat me like a Queen!" She exclaimed.

I was about to hide and transform, until a black vine with purple leaves wrapped around my waist and pulled me. "Well well well, if it isn't little miss perfect. Everyone loves you and adores you and I'm here in the shadows, but tonight, that will change." Zoey– I mean, Queen Envy said as she lifted me towards her.

I was struggling to break free. "Let her go, Zoey!" Kyle exclaimed.

"That's not my name!" Queen Envy made another vine come out of her palm and made it zoom towards Kyle. Due to his shock he was unable to move out of the way and he was hit. He hit a nearby tree harshly.

"Kyle!" I yelled in worry.

"Worried for your little boyfriend? Don't worry, I won't hurt him that bad. First, I must eliminate you." Queen Envy said in a sinister tone.

"Not on my watch!" A familiar silver staff hit the vine that was holding me. The impact was enough to make its grip around me loosen and I was able to get free. Instead of landing on the ground, a strong pair of arms caught me.

I looked at my savior and saw that it was Chat Noir. "I knew you'd rescue me" I told him with a smile.

"I always will. Now let's get you to someplace hidden, then you can transform" he replied.

He took me to a dark alleyway where no one could see us. He let me stand on my own. I zipped open my shoulder bag, and Chichi came floating out. "Ready?" I asked my tiny friend.

"Ready!" she said with determination.

"Alright then. Chichi, speed me up!"

C H A P T E R    1 8 ; COMPLETE

all the action will be in the next chapter because this chapter will be too long if i added it here.

in other words, i'm kinda lazy. so i'm saving my energy for the next chapter XD

srry if you all are at mad at me for the cliffhanger ;^; i won't do it again, i promise!

i'm also planning to make this sequel longer than the first book so yay.

i'm done rambling now gudbye!

-gal xxx