Chapter 6

C H A P T E R  6

Moving On

Soon enough, school has finally ended. The oh so awaited time of the day. Kyle and I packed up our things and departed school grounds. I took out my phone, sending a text to my mom about Kyle and me's whereabouts to not worry her. It was pretty late, around three or four in the afternoon. Thankfully winter is coming soon so it isn't boiling hot outside.

Kyle and I walked towards the park as we engaged in a short conversation. There was an ice cream shop up ahead and I instantly beamed. "Kyle! Let's go get ice cream!" I grabbed his hand and ran towards the shop, dragging him with me. He just chuckled at my childish actions. Who could blame me? Ice cream is literally my best friend.

As we reached the shop, the vendor asked what flavors of ice cream we would like. "Could I get a [favorite ice cream flavor] please?" I asked him. The vendor nodded and waited for Kyle's order. "I'll have that too, please" said Kyle. The vendor quickly went to get our ice cream. Less than two minutes later, he gave us our ice cream.

But just as he handed me mine, he sent me a wink with a smirk on his face. I'm guessing Kyle noticed too because I heard him growl beside me. I looked at him and saw him giving the vendor a death glare. So I quickly grabbed Kyle's hand and dragged him away from there. "I don't like that guy" he said.

"Why is that?" I asked as I continued to enjoy my ice cream.

"Didn't you see? He was trying to flirt with you!" he continued, obviously angered by the said man's actions earlier. "Your point is?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow at Kyle. "My point is he shouldn't do that to random girls! It's disrespectful!" he reasoned.

"Is that the only reason? Or were you just jealous??" I asked, smirking at Kyle who was now blushing.

"I- I wasn't! I was just uh- protective!" he retorted.

"Same thing. Admit it, you love me~" I winked at him, widening my smirk, making him blush harder. I heard him mutter something under his breath, but didn't quite hear what he said. "What was that?" I asked, curious about what he said. He took a deep breath before speaking,

"[Name], do you still like Adrien?" he asked out of the blue, which made me confused.

"Why should I? It doesn't matter since he has someone else... what's with the random question? I thought we came here so that I could show you around and forget about the Adrien situation."

"Please... just answer the question..." he said as he stopped walking, and so did I.

"No, why?" I asked, now very confused and curious of why he would ask that so randomly. "It's because I... I-" he stammered, blushing while rubbing the back of his neck. "I like you" he blurted out. Heat rose to my cheeks as my irises shrunk in shock. "Y-you... like me, Kyle?" I asked, bewildered about the words that left his mouth.

"Y-yeah... but you don't have to like me back though! It's perfectly fi-" he was cut off when a pair of lips silenced him. My lips.

We pulled away and stared into each other's eyes. "So... does that mean...?" Kyle asked, staring at me with hopeful eyes. I giggled "Yes, Kyle. I like you too" hearing my response, he smiled widely, lifting me up and started to spin me around, laughing loudly.

"Kyle!" I said, laughing at his actions. He put me back down to the ground and grabbed both my hands, making me look up at his eyes once more. 

"[Name]..." he started. "We've known each other for the longest time, and I can't help but fall in love with you as time goes on. You're kind, strong, brave, smart, funny, beautiful. You're literally perfect. Well, at least for me you are. Adrien was stupid to replace you for someone else. And you have no idea how happy I am to know you feel the same way I do. I've dreamed of the day when I can finally call you mine. So, [Name], would you do me a favor and make my dream come true? By being my girlfriend?" he said.

Tears welled in my eyes. It wasn't tears of sadness. No, it was far from that. It was tears of joy. I know it seems that I've easily got over Adrien, but he did too, didn't he? And I'm not lying when I say that I do have feelings for him. "Kyle... I would be lying is I say I didn't have feelings for you before. You are the one who knows how to cheer me up. You're the one I turn to when I'm down. You're the one who shows me the light when I'm stuck in the dark. I'd be more than happy to be your girlfriend!"

He collided his lips with mine once more. I smiled and happily kissed back. I finally realized I shouldn't be sulking over Adrien. It's clear he won't come back to me. Besides, at least now I have someone who I know will never leave me. Kyle never left me before, and I know he won't be leaving me anytime soon. He's the better option. I should move on and be happier. 

Be happier with someone who I know will treat me better. It's for the best...

...right?

C H A P T E R  6; COMPLETE

[revised/re-written]

oooh lookey. Reader-chan and Kyle got together :3 

is it fine with u guys?

it won't be permanent, anyway since this is an Adrien X Reader. Of course, ya'll end up with Adrien, but for the meantime, you guys will be with Kyle for plot purposes

I'm guessin you all could guess what would happen next ;)

Yall should prepare peanut butter for the next chapter, cuz someone will be very jelly hehehehehheh

~gal xxx

EDIT: I uh revised some parts of this chapter to be more... child friendly XD sorry for those who I made uncomfortable before.. heh..