Chapter 7

Did y'all bring some peanut butter?

C H A P T E R  7

It Could've Been You

The following day, Kyle and I got ready for school. As much as we didn't want to, we knew we had to. When it came to getting up early in the morning, especially if going to school, Kyle and I just didn't want to. Especially him because he was homeschooled back in America. I, on the other hand, experienced being in school when I came here before, but after a year of being away and being back at America, I was used to waking up late (if there are no appointments) and just be homeschooled. So it's a bit hard for us to get used to waking up at 7 in the morning.

(I honestly am not sure if I stated the reader was homeschooled before going to Paris at the first book, if I didn't mention it, or it was stated that you were going to school back in America, disregard that and pretend you were homeschooled. I'm too lazy to check back in the book hehe)

After getting ready, we both hopped in the limo. The driver started the engine and drove us to the school. Kyle scooted closer to me and held my hand, intertwining our fingers. I looked down at our hands, and looked back up at him. Once I looked up, he smashed his lips against mine, but in a gentle manner. I smiled against his lips and immediately kissed back.

As we pulled back, we both stared at each other for a while, before chuckling. This time, I scooted closer to him and laid my head on his shoulder, our hands never separating. A few moments have passed and we finally reached school. Kyle opened his side of the door with his free hand and pulled me out with him.

Our bags were slung over our shoulders as we walked towards school, not daring to let go of each other's hands. We spotted our friends on the top of the stair case and headed towards them. Alya was the first to notice us and called us over. Once we reached them, she immediately noticed our intertwined fingers.

"Is there something we missed out here?" Asked Alya. Once she mentioned it, the others looked at our hands, too. "Forgot to tell us somethin'?" Nino questioned, crossing his arms with a smirk.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "As if it weren't obvious enough"

Kyle let go of my hand, and slung that arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him. He kissed the top of my head before speaking, "This pretty girl right here is now my girlfriend!" Kyle said cheerfully. I blushed at the mini compliment he gave me and I hid my face in his chest out of embarrassment. Kyle's chest vibrated, indicating that he's probably chuckling.

"That was adorable, [Nickname]" He teased.

"Sh-shut up..." I mumbled against his chest, my cheeks flaring even more.

"Aww you two are so adorable!! New OTP!!! Oh uh, no offense Mari and Adrien" Alya stated.

Mari was slightly taken aback, "H-huh? Oh... um, none taken" She said awkwardly. I don't get why she's still so shy and awkward every time I'm around. It's not like I'm planning on taking Adrien back, especially now I found someone else. Or she probably thinks I hold a grudge against her, but I honestly don't. Sometimes I don't get this girl.

I looked at Adrien to see how he reacts, but only saw him looking away from us, glaring at the ground beneath him. I wonder what's his problem...

T I M E  S K I P

It's already lunch and my friends (and boyfriend) and I are just are hanging out while eating our lunch. Adrien had been awfully quiet and looks like he's in a bad mood ever since this morning, and I can't help but feel worried about him. As if on cue, he suddenly called me.

"[Name]?" Adrien called, catching my attention.

"Yeah? What is it?" I asked him, curious to why he suddenly called me.

"Can I talk to you? Alone?" He asked.

I looked at the others, seeing them busy with their own conversations, but Kyle apparently heard what Adrien said and looked at me. I looked at him as if asking for his permission without actually saying it. He got what I was trying to say and nodded. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek.

I looked at Adrien and saw him looking away. He stood up and walked to somewhere deserted. I immediately followed after him. He lead me into the library, which was empty at the moment, except for the librarian. But we went somewhere far from her, and Adrien looked at me with a stern look.

"What happened?" He questioned, making me confused.

"Happened to what?" I ask.

"Happen to us? You move on so quick.  Just around two years ago we were fine and happy. We loved each other. Then you suddenly left and now, we're dating someone else"

"And? What's wrong about that?"

"I- I don't know. I guess I'm just... not used to seeing you with someone else other than me..."

"Adrien... It could've been you. I get that you got tired of waiting for me to come back and you decided to be with Mari, but I did tell you I was coming back, right?"

"I didn't know at that time. It was honestly out of the blue. I wasn't planning to be with Mari, we just... did. If only I knew you were gonna come back I could've waited longer and–"

"Shh, Adrien" I shushed him. "What happened already happened, okay? And please... don't break up with Mari just to be with me. I don't want her to hate me again. And I'm sorry, but I don't plan on breaking with Kyle any time soon. I'm sorry" I gave him a hug, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. He was hesitant, but returned the hug anyway.

Now being in his arms, I can't help but feel happy. I miss the times when he was my boyfriend, when it was him who I enjoy cuddling, when it was his hand that I hold, when it was his lips that I kiss. But after everything that happened, I don't think we will go back to the way we once were. At least not for a while.

Besides, I'm happy with Kyle. I'm fine with not being with Adrien. I'm not jealous of him and Mari...

...am I?

C H A P T E R  7; COMPLETE

I am so so so sorry for publishing this chapter so late. I wasn't able to get it done last weekend cuz I was at a friend's house for a sleepover.

Dumb excuse, I know. But I couldn't update my book there cuz I forgot to bring a charger and my phone was dying 😅 and maybe cuz I was too lazy to, hehe.

But here it is! It's not proofread so of there are any mistakes, please tell me so I could correct it.

~gal xxx