Chapter 3

C H A P T E R  3

Surprise?

I don't understand. I can't believe it. I thought Marinette forgot about her feelings for Adrien, and I thought Adrien only saw Mari as a friend. But what I'm seeing right now goes against everything I thought. I can't help but wonder... what happened this past year? How much have I missed?

I was shaking. My knees are ready to give out any second now. The urge to run away and never come back is unbearable. But I have to keep strong. Why should it affect me anyway? Adrien and I aren't together anymore. Oh wait, I know why it affects me. I still love him. I never stopped.

I feel confused, curious, heartbroken, sad, betrayed

But no matter what I'm feeling, I have to at least let them know I'm here. I inhaled sharply, trying to gain back my composure. I forced my legs to walk, making sure I don't randomly fall due to my shaking knees. I slowly and quietly climbed up the stairs and approached them with my head hung low.

I looked up and saw them looking at me strangely. There was a brief moment of silence, but Alya soon broke it, "Um... who are you? Are you new here?"

Her question made me let out a raspy chuckle, "Is that really how you welcome me back?" as soon as those words left my mouth, I pulled my hood down, revealing my face. They all gasped in shock and stared at me like I'm a ghost or something.

"[N-Name]?" Marinette whispered.

"Who else?" I playfully rolled my eyes, trying to hide my state of sadness with a smile.

I was soon tackled with a hug by none other than Alya, "Girl! You have no idea how much I've missed you! Why didn't you tell us you'd be coming back?"

"I wanted it to be a surprise"

"Well, it's the best surprise I've ever gotten!"

Alya's surprise made me chuckle. She really hasn't changed. I expected nothing less from her. As she let go of me, I glanced at Nino, "Yo Nino!"

"[Name]! My dude, I missed ya!" he approached me and gave me a quick hug and a pat on the back. He hasn't changed either. Then, I looked at Mari. She was smiling, but I see a glint of sadness and guilt in her eyes. "Hey, Mari" I awkwardly said.

"H-hey... [Name]..." she greeted back, even more awkward than I did. This time, I approached her and gave her a hug. She hesitantly hugged back, and immediately pulled away. And last but not the least, Adrien. Oh boy...

I looked at him and I didn't even see him smiling, he wasn't even looking at me. He was just staring at the ground with a sad expression. "Hey, Adri" I smiled at him, catching his attention and made him look at me. "Hey, [Name]..." he said.

As much as I didn't want to, I approached him as well and hugged him, placing my chin on his shoulder. It took him a while, but he returned the hug eventually. "I missed you..." the words escaped my lips without me knowing, but I didn't care. His body tensed once hearing my words until I felt droplets of water hit my back. He was... crying.

"I-I missed you too... a lot... why didn't you say you were coming back?"

"Didn't you hear what I said earlier? Plus, I literally just found out we were coming back a few days ago. I promised you guys I'd come back, right?"

Afer our short conversation, Adrien broke the hug and wiped his tears away. I cleared my throat to begin speaking, "So... when did this start happening?" I asked whilst pointing at Adrien and Mari. After hearing my words, the four of them grew tense.

"Wh-what do you mean.." Mari hesitantly asked.

"Oh don't tell me that kiss earlier was nothing" I rolled my eyes.

"Y-you saw?" Adrien asked.

"Obviously" I bluntly stated. "It also obviously meant you two are dating. So that's why I'm asking when it started and how"

"A-are you okay with us telling y-you?" Alya stuttered.

"Why should it matter? Adrien and I aren't dating anymore, anyway." I said, but deep down inside, it does matter. I'm literally breaking inside. But I can't let them know that.

"Okay, so..."

Alya started explaining what happened shortly after my departure. She said that Adrien became depressed, barely left his room and literally shut the world out. Hearing that he became like that just because I left made me feel remorse. Then Alya said that Nathaneal and his family left to another country for a short vacation. Mari was kind of sad but she said she was okay. Then Mari was the one who comforted Adrien and was the only one who helped him out of his depressed state. Then they both hit it off since then.

When Alya finished, tears were streaming down my eyes. "I'm sorry..."

"What are you sorry for?" asked Nino.

"If only I knew Adrien would be that sad, I would never have left and tried to convince my parents a lot more. I'm sorry..."

"[Name]... it's not your fault..." Alya said in an attempt to comfort me.

"It is! And I'm sorry..."

"[Name]..." Adrien tried to approach me for a hug, but I stopped him from doing so by raising my hands. "No... you don't have to comfort me... It's fine anyway, right? You found someone else to love. You moved on... and so should I" my legs moved on their own and ran back to the path that leads to my mansion. I hear them screaming out my name, telling me to come back, but the school bell soon rang, and they stopped.

I continued to run back home. As I neared my gate, the security guard (my parents apparently hired one) quickly opened the gate to let me in. I wasted no time in doing so and dashed inside to, through the front door, up the stairs, and into my room. I didn't care if my parents saw me. I just needed to be alone.

I change my mind. I think I'll go back to school next week instead.

C H A P T E R  3; COMPLETE

sorry ;-;

-gal xxx