Chapter 17

Marinette POV

     As I woke up, my first thought was 'I hope he's gone'. After that, I wouldn't be able to stand looking into those dreadful eyes. I felt so lost.. empty. Happily, I didn't feel any limbs touching my body, and when I rolled over it was empty. I sighed in relief.

     I hopped out of bed and walked to the bathroom. When I lifted my head to look in the mirror, my mascara was smeared under my eyes reaching to my cheeks. The images from the night before flashed through my mind, and I sunk to the floor. I couldn't cry. Not now. So I regained my position and started the shower.

     I tried washing the feeling of his hands off of my skin, but they never went away. That disgusting, unwanted, worthless feeling will never go away.

     As I got out, I heard my phone ringing. Wrapping my fragile body in a towel, I ran into my bedroom and picked it up.

Adrien calling...

     Pick it up, don't pick it up. I wasn't sure if I was ready to talk aloud, let alone go to school. Having to face everyone and pretend I was fine is too much. After everything, from our fight to last night, I really didn't want to talk to Adrien. So I declined it.

*Ping*

     A text from Adrien. To be honest, I was kind of surprised. I thought he didn't care anymore, I thought I had broke his heart.

A- Look Mari... I'm so sorry for overreacting the other day. i don't know what I was thinking. I trust you with my life and I'll always love you. 

     This definitely does not sound anything like what he said before. Actually, he should have stuck to hating me. It's better that way. I kissed another guy, he has a right to, and if he ever found out about my uncle... the thought gives me chills.

Adrien POV

     I waited for her response. Minutes had passed by, and I had an urge to move. It felt like hours before she responded, and my body had gotten tense.

M- You have every right to be mad at me Adrien. I kissed another guy, it's done and over with. You are the one who holds my heart, but I've betrayed your trust. It's better this way.

     The night before I heard Marinette and her uncle. I was so damn mad, I wanted to kill that son of a bitch. Most of all, I left before I could let myself hear what would happen next. Everything had come to fast, I needed time to process. And I regret that so much. I should have gone in there to teach him a lesson. But I didn't, and because of that who knows what he did to her.

A- Please, Marinette, I love you. I forgive you, I don't care as long as your mine.

M- Stop, just stop it. I know that's a complete lie. I know there can't possibly be anyway you aren't still hurt, that you don't need an explanation for why I even did that. Anyways, I need to get ready for school. Don't approach me, please. I need space.

     Marinette... what has he done to you?

______________________________________________________________________________

Oh my lord, I am SO sorry for the slow updates. I've had a lot of tough things going on lately, so I haven't had the time to write. I haven't had any ideas for the next chapters, and I thought about discontinuing this book... until I saw that I was rated 250 on inspired!! I cannot believe how far I've gotten with this. my original intention was to blindly write a fanfiction based off a fun show. Thank you all so much for sticking around and reading my stupid chapters :)))