Chapter 12: Learning

Y/n was sitting in the living room of the home she shared will Hiccup and Stoick. Toothless and the strange Feather Fury stayed close by Y/n giving each other warning glares and growls. Salmen and Ashaw where talking to Stoick as Liu helped the Vikings adjust to the dragons.

"It's been a while since I've see you, Salmen. Where might your father be?" Stoick asked.

"I regret to inform that my father has pasted due to the war. He fought bravely," Ashaw muttered.

Stoick looked at both boys with worry and shock. He knew their father was a great man and a great chief. Strong, wise, and had a great since of right and wrong.

"To add to the bad news, we've lost the war, our island, and many of our people," Salmen continued. "Most live south from here."

Stoick nodded devastated that the island of Dumais was lost. His friends that lived on the island. The trades he made with them. All gone.

"I'm sorry to hear you two had to go threw that. It must be hard for you two," Stoick spoke softly with a strong voice.

"It's been hard but we've managed. We heard about Valka and our mother. I'm deeply sorry for your loss," Salmen spoke with sympathy and understanding.

Stoick nodded and turned to both boys.

"Will you two be staying here?" Stoick asked.

Ashaw looked at Salmen with a questioning look. Ashaw wasn't to sure if they would be staying or not. It wouldn't be right if they tore Y/n away from her friends and what family she made here, then again, she didn't even know much of her birth family or her brothers. Ashaw knew that Salmen was one not to take up space and be a burden. And due to Salmen searching for the man that scared Ashaws face and took his fathers life. Salmen didn't just want revenge for the pain the man brought him and his family, but he want him to feel the pain and burden that they left on Salmen. He carried the weight of a chief. He may only have to look after his soon to be Cherry, Liu, and his brother Ashaw, but he also made to make sure the remaining scattered villagers were alive and well. He had yet to round them up and take them somewhere safe. Berk seemed like a good place for them and there dragons but he wouldn't place the burden on Stoick.

"Until Snoggletog," Salmen muttered. "I'll be traveling to the remaining villagers and back again."

Ashaw sighed at this. They moved ever so often. They didn't stay in place for to long. Salmen was moving constantly to find and keep his people safe from another war. They couldn't afford it.

"Why not bring them here?" Stoick asked. "We have room."

"Generous offer but I am not willing to place more people for you to protect here," Salmen spoke.

"Salmen, are you forgetting that you aren't a Chief?" Ashaw asked.

"No, but have stepped up to take care of fathers people. I may not be Chief but that doesn't stop me from protecting and defending the people," Salmen spoke calmly.

Ashaw sighed and rolled his eyes. He may seem like a good leader but he stayed with them for a week to a month before moving on to search for the one that destroyed there home and search for there mother and sister. Salmen would be gone for months, but never a full year. They found Y/n, but not there mother. Ashaw doubted what the viking said. He knew him mother was still alive.

"You have a good heart Salmen," Stoick smiled.

Ashaw turned his gaze the the floor. If it was his choice, he would have suggested that Salmen stay with the villagers and protect them there while he search for them. The only thing was is that Salmen worried about Ashaw, Cherry, and Liu to much to leave them for to long so he brought them.

The Two Misfits (Hiccup x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara