Chapter 9: Brothers?

After Stoick left Hiccup in the Great Hall, all Hiccup could think about was how he lost everything this day. What he didn't know is that he still had a two friends. Y/n and Astrid. Despite what happened, Y/n was determined to live threw this for Hiccup. He was all she had left beside Gothi and Gobber. While Hiccup watched the fleet set sail with Toothless, Salmen and his three friends docked on Berk. Their dragons decided to hide elsewhere on the island until called on. Cherry, Ashaw, and Liu noticed it was quiet and looked rather empty of life. Salmen did notice this too, but didn't faltered on heading to the village. He remembered the last time he was here. Stoick was a young lad. Salmen was a good few years younger but they were to be future chiefs. Liu, Ashaw, and Cherry followed their chief quietly. When a villager spotted them, he stopped them.

"Who might you be?" He asked.

"I'm Salmen. I believe my mother, Athena, would have landed here fifteen years ago with a baby girl," he explained. "Do you know where I could find them and possibly Stoick?"

The villagers face went from confusion, to shock, then apologetic. This worried Ashaw, for he feared the worst.

"Athena was killed by a dragon, along with the chiefs wife. Her daughter, Y/n, is in the healers hut up there," he pointed to the hut up on a rock ledge. "As for Stoick he left for the dragons nest."

Salmen thanked him and left. They need to see Stoick for certain reasons. On there way up, Ashaw couldn't believe a dragon would kill his mother. She loved and was beloved by dragons so why would one have killed her? Making it to the top, Salmen knock on the door. Seconds later the short old lady, Gothi, opened the door to see them.

"Is Y/n here?" Salmen asked.

The elderly lady used her stick to draw in the dirt. Luckily, Ashaw could translate what she was saying, unlike Salmen.

"She said, yes and that she is resting. She had hurt somethings inside of her," Ashaw translated. "Her fate is unclear."

"I'm a healer. Is there anyway I can help her?" Cherry asked.

The elderly took Cherry inside, leaving the three boys. Meanwhile Hiccup decided to make a quick stop at the healers hut to check on Y/n. When he made it up, with Astrid behind him, he noticed three people he didn't recognize.

"Uh who might you three be?" Hiccup asked.

They turned and noticed that these to were no older than Ashaw and Liu. If anything Ashaw and Liu were a wee bit older. Astrid noticed they weren't from here and feared the worst. Where they planning on attack the village?

"I'm Salmen. This is my brother, Ashaw. My soon to be is inside helping with Y/n. And this is my friend Liu," Salmen answered.

"Wha are you doing here?" Astrid asked.

Ashaw noticed by her voice that she didn't trust them to much. Salmen noticed but didn't take it to heart. They were unexpected strangers here.

"We came here to find our mother and sister," Salmen answered. "Do you know we're Stoick might be?"

Hiccup froze up a bit at this.

"What do you need my father for?"

Salmen froze then blinked a few times in shock. Stoick the Vast had a Son.

"My apologies, if I knew you were his son I would have made a better impression," Salem chuckled. "I knew your father when he was about your age. He and I were good friends. Anyways, are you a friend Y/n?"

"Y-yes," Hiccup stuttered a bit stunned.

"Well Salmen and I would be her older brothers. We heard of our mother and your. I am deeply sorry," Ashaw muttered. "But we need to see Stoick."

Hiccup nodded and sighed. He didn't know how long it would take to take care Y/n so they decided to go gather up the training student and go after Stoick. When Hiccup went to show the students that dragons weren't bad to the four students he forgot about the other three boys.

"Uh, how do you guys feel about dragons?" Hiccup asked.

It was then they realize that Berk wasn't like Dumais. They fought dragons here. Salmen knew showing his own dragon would be a big risk but what other way to show. Pulling out a whistle he blew into it. No sound came out but before anyone could question him three dragon slipped into the arena with everyone else. Snotlout panicked for a moment until he saw  Salmen and Ashaw stroking the dragons necks. The featherwing and the wind cutters nudged there equals and looked back at the other people who were staring in wonder.

"I've never seen that breed of dragon before," Fishlegs muttered.

Salmen smiled and beckoned them over.

"She won't hurt you. She is a featherwing and the others are wind cutter. They are the fastest flying dragon we know of," Salmen beamed.

The twins approach the dragons and walked around them.

"They don't seem that deadly," Ruffnut frowned.

"If a wind cutter is flying fast enough it's wing can cut a humans body in half," Ashaw spoke.

The twins backed a bit away. While everyone was a bit distracted, Hiccup brought out the monstrous nightmare and pulled Snotlout aside. After have each dragon warm up to each person. They set off to go after Stoick.