Chapter 8: Failed

"Brother, what are we going to do when we meet her?" Ashaw asked.

Salmen turned to his younger, black haired brother.

"We'll have to asked the chief where they are. I'm sure mother will recognize us," Salmen answered.

The woman on the ship came up from under the deck with a tray of cooked fish and fruits.

"Thank you Cherry," Salmen smiled kissing her head and taking the try. "This smells nice."

"Let's hope she didn't mix her medicine with it," the blonde male joked grabbing a plate.

Cherry glared at him as Ashaw laughed grabbing him a plate. Salmen wasn't amused by this. When Cherry grabbed her plate Slamen set the tray on a nearby barrel of fresh water.

"I only did that one time," Cherry grumbled.

"You sure?" The blonde asked again. "I believe you've done it three times."

"Liu leave her be," Salmen warned.

Liu rolled his eyes and smirked.

"Whatever you say chief."

Ashaw tensed at that. Salmen was the rightful chief but he was never given a ceremony. Then again he didn't even have a place to rule due to the war. The fire, the blood, the cry's and body's of dragon and man. Ashaw shuttered at the memory.

"You okay brother?" Salmen asked.

"Yeah. Just a shame we lost the war," Ashaw muttered. "We lost so much. Our father, our home, many of our friends."

Salmen places his half eaten plate down and placed both hands on Ashaws shoulders.

"We can't focus on the past, only the future."

He only nodded and smiled up and his brother.

"At least we have each other."

"And soon your mother and sister," Liu smiled.

Only they didn't realize that their mother wasn't at Berk. She was elsewhere with dragons of many species. Meanwhile at, Berk, Y/n stayed and watched Hiccup. Entering the area, everyone was waiting for the action and see Hiccup kill the dragon. The thing is, Y/n knew he wouldn't.

He couldn't kill a dragon even if he tried. When the dragon burst out, the fear on Hiccups face was very well noticed but that didn't stop them from encouraging Hiccup to kill the beast. When the monstrous nightmare noticed Hiccup he gave a growl and approached him. Hiccup slowly dropped his weapon and shield. Putting his hand up to the dragon many people gave a displeased grumble and questioned what he was doing.

Y/n was just silent. It was a little foolish to think that this plan of his would work. Did he honestly think that if he showed that this dragon alone wasn't as bad as they thought would change there minds?

"Hey it's okay. It's okay," Hiccup whispered to the dragon.

It only glared at Hiccups head. Removing his hat/helmet he tossed it to the ground.

"I'm not one of them," Hiccup spoke.

The dragon stopped growling and approached Hiccup calmer.

"Stop the fight," Stoick ordered.

"No! I need you all to see this," Hiccup ordered. "They aren't what we think they are. We don't have to kill them."

Just a few millimeters away and Stoick yelled.

"I said STOP THE FIGHT!" His hammer hitting the cage.

This made the dragon defensive and attacked Hiccup. Running and dodging fire, Y/n did them most reckless thing as Astrid slipped in the cage and Stoick heading to the entrance. Astrid threw a weapon gaining the dragons attention. It started to chase her. Slipping threw from the top, Y/n landed on the dragons neck.

It roared and tossed itself around distracted from what it was doing. Stoick yelled for them over. Astrid made it out and Y/n was flung off the dragon. Hitting the wall with great force, she grew slightly hazy. A faint taste of blood came to Y/n's mouth.

Hiccup went to run out once he saw Y/n making her way out close behind. When the dragon shot fire, startling Hiccup he changed directions and tripped. Y/n, however slid downwards and rolled out. When she saw Hiccup under the dragon, Toothless came in roaring. Pulling the Monstrous Nightmare away from Hiccup, Y/n rush in to check on his.

Toothless stood protectively in front of Hiccup. When the Monstrous Nightmare backed down the Vikings went in after Toothless. This riled him up and made his defensive. Hiccup tired to urge Toothless away but he didn't leave. No one noticed Y/n coughing up blood.

Everything around her blurred. Seeing that Toothless was being pined, Hiccup tried to reach to him. Astrid held him back gently. Y/n shook as she made her way to them. She felt herself fall and everything was black.

Toothless saw Y/n out of the corner of his eyes and tried to roared. With as much strength as he could muster he was able to get a better view of Y/n. Giving a very distressing look, Hiccup saw he wasn't looking at him. He turned and saw Y/n. Moving from Astrid and slid down on his knees.

"Y/n!" He cried.

The Vikings took Toothless away and Stoick order someone to take Y/n to the healers hut. Still furious with Hiccup he dragged him into the great hall.