Chapter 17: Eggs

When Toothless disappeared, Hiccup grew very upset. When he heard banging on the roof, he thought it'd be Toothless but he found his father instead. Y/n did her best thing cheer him up. Saying he'll come back. Distracting him with stories that her brothers and Cherry shared with her. Liu did notice this and frowned. He was happy to know how good friends they were but it upset him. Y/n shouldn't leave Berk when they care so much about her. Including Hiccup. He did point this out to Ashaw and Cherry.

"Should we really take her with us? Her friends and life are here."

Ashaw hummed before answering.

"Well its really her choice if she wants to stay or come with us. We can't force her."

Cherry nodded and continued to see and stitch. And Ashaw and Liu watched her as she did. It wasn't long until Y/n joined them with Salmen behind her.

"Hey love," Cherry smiled at him.

Ashaw and Liu gagged as Salmen kiss her. Y/n rolled her eyes with a smile. Salmen only laughed and turned his attention to what she was sowing.

"What are you making?" Salmen asked.

"Something for my sister," Cherry answered.

Y/n tilted her head.

"Sister?" She asked.

Cherry smiled and nodded.

"She is close to your age. She's-"

Cherry was cut off by Salmen, Ashaw, and Liu.

"Reckless."

"Annoying."

"And is very pestering."

Cherry smacked Ashaw and Liu. She knew her sister was reckless as Salmen stated but they didn't have to point out the other things like that.

"She's only like that because she wants to fit in with the big kids."

"What's her name?" Y/n asked.

"Akilina," Cherry answered. "Little eagle."

Y/n gave a nodded and the four ended up talking about whatever came to mind. That was until Ashaw changed the subject.

"You know you don't have to come with us right? You have the choice to stay."

It was quiet and Y/n already told Hiccup that'd she be leaving. She had already made up her mind and it didn't change. She wanted to leave and learn more about herself. About her family and the traditions. Before she could tell them her answer, there was a commotion outside.

Heading out they saw Hiccup flying away cling to Meatlug. Y/n glanced around and noticed Sky was following them.

"He'll  be okay," Liu muttered. "Right a Salmen?"

"Of course he will. He's just going to the nesting grounds," Salmen smirked and turned to head back inside with Cherry behind him.

With Meatlug and Hiccup gone Astrid and the group went in to where Fishlegs was hiding his dragon. Liu, Ashaw, and Y/n followed suit and discovered eggs. Astrid suggestion to give them away as gifts since everyone was missing there dragon. Liu was about to object knowing what would happen, but Astrid and the others didn't listen.

"So why isn't it a good idea?" Y/n asked.

"The eggs explode," Ashaw muttered. "Which is why the dragons left to hatch there young elsewhere."

Y/n's eyes widened.

"Shouldn't we stop them?"

Ashaw shrugged and when back to the house with the two following.

"Salmen, can you help us out please?" Ashaw asked.

When there attention turned they saw Cherry sleeping on Salmens lap and him writing something.

"And what would you need my help with? Aren't all grown up now?" Salmen asked with a smirk.

Ashaw glared and explained what Astrid and the others where up to and Salmen quickly woke up Cherry. The four quickly searched for the eggs as Cherry made a place for them to go when they hatch. Only thing was, they were too late. The eggs exploded in the houses casing a fire. Hurriedly everyone tried to put out the fires. Trying there best to salvage what was destroyed.