CHAPTER FOUR

[ CHAPTER FOUR ]

As the teens hit rokki's trailer located in the sunny side trailer park, they all hopped off their vehicles, while toni and sweet pea waited at the door scared to just go in. "you know you guys, the door works." rokki said walking up the steps on to the porch, opening the door and walking in.

she threw her stuff down and walked into the kitchen getting the gang each a bottle of beer. when she returned to the living room she saw her dad giving toni a hug, it made her smile how much her dad loved her best friends. she handed out the beers to her friends and turned back around to face her father.

"what's popping popio?" she asked pulling her dad into a hug, in which he accepted immediately. "surgar, i'm so sorry i didn't make it home last night, work was slammed." he said truthfully, rokki could tell. she was good and reading people. "it's okay, i'm just glad you're home." she said hugging him even tighter.

"where's my beer?" her father asked jokingly. "i'll go get you one." she smiled walking back into the kitchen.

just outside the kitchen the now three kids and father sat, catching up, and laughing. brayden knew he didn't want to miss anymore of these children's lives, cause he knew one day they would be gone. they would be going places, living knew lives, dancing in the orange tangy way of life.

"here you go popio." rokki says coming back into the living room handing him his bottle full of beer. rokki heard toni's stomach rumble louder than thunder and was a bit concerned. "you a bit hungry there?" she asked laughing lightly. "i'm starving what the fuc- oh my gosh i'm so sor-" toni was cut off.

"chill out, you know i don't care." the two siblings father laughed. "then to that i say, bitch if you don't have food in your fridge we will have some problems." toni said prancing off the couch and lunging into the kitchen. she swung open the door to the fridge to find it half  full of food. toni grabbed a pudding cup, a capri sun, and some frozen waffles; plopping them into the toaster. she then moved to the cupboards, grabbing goldfish and some popcorn and poptarts.

"rokki come help me please." toni screamed from the kitchen as she was dropping things left and right. "what's u- oh wow ok." rokki spoke as toni shoved things in her arms. rokki left the kitchen and dropped all the food on the floor in front of the two guys making them look up at her then down at the food, in to which their eyes widened. "don't touch yet." she said walking back into the kitchen to see toni struggling to get the microwave door shut with her foot while stretching across the other side of the kitchen to get the waffles out, screaming at how hot they were. rokki closed the microwave door making toni drop her leg.

rokki started the microwave and sighed. "thanks for taking all my food." she laughed looking at the girl in front of her. "anytime, glad i could help." she said sprinting out of the kitchen.

+

the four teens and father all sat in the living room, laughing and chatting, making complete fools of themselves. they were all comfortable and in the moment, completely forgetting about the mad world before them.

brayden, rokki and fangs' father told a story about when he was a little boy, him and all his friends would adventure throughout the surroundings of the quarry, laughing, dancing, singing and screaming. making all the kids listen in pure amusement.

the group continued talking amongst each other until they decided the should probably go back to the trailers of their own, which was around 3:37 a.m. rokki walked sweetpea and toni outside to their motorcycles.

"thank you for the food and the whole jingle." toni said hopping on her bike, putting on her helmet she spoke again. "i'll see you guys tomorrow?" she questioned. "yeah for sure." rokki smiled as she drove off. the brunette turned her attention towards sweetpea, who was staring at her, a subtle grin spread across his face.

"listen, tomorrow i was thinking you and me could go down the the quarry, and i guess just chill." meeting his gaze rokki smiled once more. "that sounds like a lot of fun." rokki could feel her heart jumping out of its socket just to land right back down. she looked up through the window where she saw fangs and her father peeping through the blinds, once they caught on to the fact that she saw them they immediately ducked.

"what should i bring?" rokki asked wanting to have him stay a bit longer. "shorts and a swimsuit, also some blankets, and i hope you don't mind if we use your truck." the tall boy before rokki listed. "ok, what if the ghoulies show up?" rokki asked. the thought of that make her stomach churn. "i know a place they would never." he winked. he hopped on his bike and threw on his helmet.

"is this a date?" rokki yelled over the loud engine. "it's whatever you want it to be, love." that's all he said before driving off, leaving rokki with a million thoughts per second, and the excitement buzzing through her veins.

returning into her home, it was if any cliche teen eighties movie had came to life. the girl finally being asked out by the one she loved most. the girl who stood by the front door completely astonished. her brother ruined the moment as always.

"if you suck his dick, make sure you go balls deep, boys love that." he said seriously. rokki really couldn't tell if he was being serious. "oh my gosh no. why would you say that?" rokki said slapping his arm.

"how would you know?" their father questioned. "i've had experience." fangs winked walking out of the room. rokki gagged and their father clapped.

the summer air washing over rokki's nostrils, as she laid in her bed texting toni all about what had just occurred. it was as if someone had set out water with fire. or like the sun had finally glowed brighter. she could sense the way of the world knowing that tomorrow would be one to remember.