Without You - Jinsoo

Start from the beginning

The heartbeat deafening the surrounding world- the screech of the wheels tearing through the silence.

The look of longing- the look of horror.

The falter in the smile- the falter in judgement.

The turn of the head- the turn of the steering.

The scream.

The impact.

The car came to a stop, the world followed.

Time unfroze.

He ran. He dropped to his knees -his heart to his stomach.

He held her in his arms.

He cried. His heart-wrenching wails bringing tears to all those present.

He begged to anyone listening.

He begged for her life.

He begged for his life, for there was none without her.

-

Jin got out of bed. The remnants of the nightmare still visible in his eyes.

His feet now familiar with the hotel room moved without hesitation in the darkness. His hands moving of their own accord as they did the same things they had been doing for three weeks now.

Three weeks of Jin waking up at the crack of dawn and getting ready to be at the hospital, by Jisoo's side when she woke up and asked for him.

Three weeks and she hadn't asked for him once.

Jin would watch her wake up, look at him and immediately turn away. He would talk to her, tell her all that he could think of and all he got was her silence.

It broke his heart but he held on.

Held onto the hope and the ring in his pocket.

"It's been more than a month. I need you to let go."

Jisoo ran her fingers through his messy hair. She saw his shoulders sink down like they did when he felt relaxed. Her fingers traced the worry lines that had made their appearance known only in the last few weeks. Even in slumber, they didn't leave his forehead.

"What have you done to yourself? Why aren't you eating properly? Your bones are starting to stick out.." Jisoo sighed, as her eyes started to water. She hated seeing him like this and knowing that she was the reason behind it.

"Why are you still holding on? I have done everything I can to make you hate me and leave but it's not working! What more can I do? Don't make it so hard for me!" Her lips started to tremble.

Jisoo covered her mouth with her hand, muffling the sobs that were building inside her. Tears ran down her face and over her hands. She was a complete mess.

"I w-wish I could say it just one more time to you, but I know it won't help both of us. I love you! I love you so much! I can't b-believe that life would take this turn and things would end up like this... I am so s-scared, Jin, but I need to put you over my fear."

With shaky fingers, she cupped his face as he lay asleep on the chair next to her bed. Her fingers stroking his cheeks, trying her hardest to memorize his features knowing that this might be the last time she would get to touch him.

"Happy Birthday, Jisoo!" Jennie yelled as she saw her friend wake up.

Jisoo had to close her ears from the unexpected auditory assault. She threw her pillow at Jennie, almost knocking over the vase Jennie had been putting fresh yellow lilies in.