7. The Abandoned Place

Start from the beginning

Not again.

He gritted his teeth in attempt to conceal his anger, but clearly failed miserably.

"I needed your sign." I blurted out hurriedly.

"For what?" He seemed suspicious and it was evident through his tone of voice and expression.

"For this file." I was surprised how confident I sounded while pulling out a blue file in between us, as a barrier.

"There was no need to follow me all the way here. Tell me the real reason."

"I thought this was important and since this is my first day I didn't intent to lose my job." Well, I was partially telling the truth.

Without saying anything else, he fixed his blazer and hair. I must say, I had a strong urge to run my fingers through them.

Shut up, again!

SO, WHAT HAPPENED NEXT WAS THAT we both exited the building, got in the car, got through the day with absolutely no difficulties and went home.

Did you really think it was going to be that simple? Nothing in my life was simple.

We got out of the building while he was ahead of me. I was walking behind him like I was caught red handed in theft. I was mentally cursing for following him at the first place.

We were making our way towards the car when there was a strike of lightening across the sky. I jumped on my spot and looked up at the sky, which was cloudy.

Great! It's gonna rain.

I looked to my right to see that he was already in the car and impatiently was waiting while tapping against his watch. I rolled my eyes and got inside just in time as it began to pour right after.

I sat there next to him just shivering while he tried to find his keys to the car. I had a strong urge to ask him the questions that were racing across my mind, but I went against it.

Maybe another time.

Actually, fuck it!

I turned towards him and cleared my throat to get his attention. He side glanced my way and went back to searching his car for the keys. 

Ugh, what did you even expect from him? Undivided attention? That's never gonna happen in a million years.

"What were you doing here?" I blurted out without a second thought and instantly regretted.

I should've phrased it another way. I never think things through.

He gritted his teeth, making his jawline look even more sharp than it already was. Wow.

He turned my way with an unreadable expression. "That's none of your business."

"It is."

Why did I say that?

From anger his expression changed to more of a soft expression. I didn't want to give him the wrong impression of me as his assistant so I added, "As your personal assistant it is my responsibility to make sure that you're ok, and that I help you out with anything you might need."

Yep. That's the only reason.

He went back to trying to start the car with his usual cold expression.

"I don't need anyone to look out for me. I'm enough for myself."

I held back the urge to roll my eyes at that point. Who does he think he is? I would've said that to his face if I didn't need the job.