•15•Diana•

Diana was back in her room.
It was Saturday. In another hour they would be leaving for the party. Karter had given her a dress to wear. A beautiful red
off-shoulder dress.

Diana still hadn't heard from Emeraude. She wished that she was there.

Not only to help her out for this party but also to make sense of the letter and the diary.

With Jake no longer talking to her, Diana felt lost.

Sure, she could talk to Alex or Karter. But not about this. Alex didn't talk to her at all after he found out about the betrothal.

Karter, on the other hand, went nuts. He wanted to keep their mother's promise, but at the same time didn't want Diana to marry the enemy's important member.

Diana fell on her bed. She had read a few pages of her mother's diary. It had helped clear a few things out. Like why she was betrothed to that guy.

Their mums were best friends. What Diana didn't understand was the entry a few days before she had been born.

Dear Ap,

Things are started to get really confusing. I think the pregnancy is messing with my head. I feel like there is someone constantly watching me even though I know I'm completely alone. I'm getting extremely tried as well. The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that in a few more days a beautiful girl will enter this world.

Can't wait.

Vixen.

Diana didn't get who 'Ap' was. Karter had told her that Vixen was her mom's gang name. That's how 'The Vixen Devils' was formed.

Diana dragged herself off the bed and went for a shower.

In about half an hour she was ready. She didn't know how to tie her hair so she just left it free. It fell on her shoulders with beautiful curls.

She pushed her mom's dagger into a knife sheath on her side thigh and hid her diary under the pillow.

She then head out to find Alex.

He was in the living room talking to some other agent Diana hadn't seen before.

He looked very handsome. His hair looked like he hadn't put any effort into it. But it still looked damn good.

He turned to her direction and his eyes widened. Diana knew right then and there that she looked good. She smiled at him. He shook his head slightly as if trying to get control of his mind.

"Hey. You look good." He said.

"Of course I have to look good. I am THE Alex's date. I can't just be ordinary." She replied.

He chuckled.

"Where's Karter?" She asked.

"In his room." He replied. "Wait I'll go get him."

"No need." Karter walked in.

Diana was impressed. When she had first met Karter he didn't scream out "MAFIA LEADER." But seeing him dressed up now, made her want to hide behind Alex. And she wasn't the cowardly type.