•27•Karter•

"Alright."

"What alright?" Karter asked, trying to control his temper.

"He'll get my head." Sebastian replied. "I'll go."

Karter didn't think twice. " Alright."

Sure, it seemed cruel to send Seb to his death, but at that moment Karter didn't care about anyone or anything else. He wanted Diana back. And he would do anything to get her.

He wasn't going to lose her that easily again.

Em walked into the room. She was dressed for a battle. "The guards have the basement surrounded. We could take them all out."

"Nothing will be done, till I have Diana by my side." Karter replied, avoiding her eyes.

She was the only one who could easily spot it when he wasn't okay.

"Yes sir."

She turned to walk out the room. Karter stopped her outside.

"One more thing, I need you to find out if I'm right about something."

***

"Need anything else?" Karter asked.

"No I'm good." Sebastian replied.

"It was good knowing you."

"Same." He replied. "Take care of Diana."

"I will."

Karter raised his hand with the gun. Took aim. And shot.

Em's scream could have been heard on the other side of the world.

Karter already knew Diana would never forgive him for this. But it was the only way to protect her.

"Bag him."

***

"Is everything ready?" Karter asked. They were waiting outside the door to the basement.

Just him, Em, Alex, two guards and the body bag.

"Yeah. Everything is ready." Em replied bitter. She refused to look at Karter. She felt that they could have done anything else. That the pain about to be unleashed on Diana, might even make her wish she was dead.

But when Karter asked for other ideas, he didn't hear any.

"Must make sure we get him. I don't want the pain we make Diana go through to go to waste." He muttered low enough that only Em could hear.

She nodded and avoided Karter's eyes.

Karter turned to Alex.

He didn't need to say anything.

"We'll go check the exits one more time. We'll be back in two minutes." He said and took the guards and left.

"When the fight begins-" he started as she looked up at him. "- I know there will be one. I need you to get out of the way of harm. Take Diana and get out of the scene."

"I will protect her." She replied. "Really I'm not that bad."

"It's not her protection I'm talking about here. It's yours." He replied. "Promise me you'll be safe."

She looked taken aback. She didn't reply.

Karter raised an eyebrow.

"Uhh yes yeah. I'll be okay." She said. "You stay safe too."

"Yeah."

They looked at each other for a second. And then she leaned in. He kissed her slowly. But normally, not like a ' I may never see you again' kiss.

When they broke up apart, Alex walked in.

"We should go in now."

Karter nodded at him.

Em walked away as the guards picked up the body bag.

Karter took a breath, checked his guns.

He opened the door to be greeted by about fifty of Seb's father's guards.

Diana was standing in the middle of it all, with a gun to her head. Her face full of emotions. He had never seen her like this.

He turned to look at guards. They placed the body bag in front of his father and pulled the zip down revealing Sebastian's face.

One of the men behind him stepped up to check Sebastian's pulse.

The guard looked up at his father and shook his head.

"He is dead, sir."

Diana's scream pierced into Karter's heart.

Sorry for the late update.

Karter and Emraude!!!

Anyhoo, only four more chapters left for the end of The Mafia Queen.

Do vote!!!!