•8•Diana•

"Alright. Now listen. It's very simple. Don't speak back to him. Don't yell. Don't do anything stupid. Got it?" Alexander asked her.

"Yeah yeah." She replied.

They were standing outside the boss' door. Diana thought that she might feel nervous. But she didn't. Instead, she really wanted to see which asshole thought it was okay to kidnap her and keep her there.

"I will be completely silent. Just listen to whatever he says." Diana convinced Alexander.

He took a deep breath. "Thanks." He replied. "I don't know...But there is a chance that he would kill me if you piss him off. So it means a lot."

Diana smiled.

He knocked on the door.

"Enter." A voice from inside said.

Diana pushed the door and entered.

There was a man sitting on the chair staring at the wall. Diana could only see his hair. It was pitch black in colour.

And then she lost it.

"Seriously. Who the eff do you think you are? What makes you think you can just pick me out of my life and bring me here? And how dare you kidnap my friend as well?" Diana heard Alexander take a deep breath. He was staring at her wide-eyed. He was shaking his head so hard, she was afraid it was going to pop off. But Diana continued anyway. "Who are you?"

The chair turned around. Diana was taken aback. Those eyes staring at her. The man had the exact same eyes as she did. As her mom did. A beautiful caramel brown.

He couldn't have been older than 25.

"I'm sorry. I thought you were the boss." Diana said.

"And what makes you think that I'm not the boss?" He replied. His voice was deep.

"Well to be honest I expected a really old perverted man."

He smiled. "Sit down. We need to talk. Alexander, leave us alone."

Alexander nodded at him. He looked at Diana once. And then left.

"Sit down." He said again

Diana moved forward and sat on a chair in front of him.

"Do you remember anything about your previous family?"

"I knew them for four days. It wasn't enough to ask all the questions I would have wanted to." She replied. "Oh, and I couldn't speak either. So there's that."

He didn't smile this time.

"It's been 18 years. Why didn't you try to reach out to your real parents?" He asked avoiding her eyes.

"I don't know. I heard rumours about who they were. So I didn't want to barge into their lives when they clearly didn't want me in it." Diana looked down. She hated talking about this.

"They did want you in it." He replied.

"I'm sorry. Who are you?" Diana asked.

"Let's not go there yet." He said, still avoiding her eyes.

"I'm going to explain something to you." He said fidgeting. "Your parents were killed when you were just a child. Your mom died protecting you."

They died???

Diana felt like something had sunk in her heart. She hadn't even talked to them once.

Before she could control it, a single teardrop fell down her cheek.

It had been over 10 years since she last cried.

The man sitting in front of her held his hand out across the table. She held it and immediately felt better.

But she still snatched it away.

"Uh sorry. But you still haven't told me who you are." She asked him wiping the tear.

"Okay. Listen I can tell you, but you must act like you don't know. It is for your own safety." He said.

"Yeah of course." Diana replied.

"Diana, I'm your brother, Karter."

Heyyyyyy

Heyyyyyy. How was this chapter? Two new characters.

You'll be seeing a lot more of Alexander... And they never saw them again...WAZZUP...
kidding. How I met your mother joke.

Sorry.

Any way...
Hope you guys liked the chapter. Comment and vote.