Chapter 8

Jisung turned himself in

My heart dropped. My whole universe fell down.

Of course we panicked. Of course we're shocked. Of course we didn't expect this. Questions started to flood my mind, didn't even know where to start, and I'm sure we all feel the same. Jisung... I feel like he stabbed me in the back. How could he even... argh! What is his reason for the least? I never felt so betrayed before, and I never even imagined that Jisung can do such a thing! I still don't want to believe it, but what am I supposed to do? I'm so confused and I don't know who's telling the truth anymore.

"What kind of joke is this?" I exclaimed.

"What a fool." I heard Woojin hyung whispered. Jeongin is standing next to him, and I can hear that he's breathing really heavily as if he would run out of oxygen.

"Wait! Wait! Stop him!" Felix protested. "He did not do it! Stop him!"

"What do you mean?" Minho hyung asked.

"I know he did not do it! Stop him!" But we can't do anything. "Hyung!!" he looked at Minho hyung, telling him to do something, but we can't even read Minho hyung's expression. I saw Woojin hyung ran down his hands on Felix's back, calming him down.

"Hyung, we should do something." I said, and the door suddenly opened, revealing Jisung and two police officers by his side. His hands are handcuffed, and his eyes are fixed at the ground.

"Hyung..." Jeongin called him, his voice sounds disappointed.

"Jisung! Tell them that you did not do it! Tell them the truth! Don't make this even more complicated!" Felix yelled at him. I have never seen Felix like that before, and I can now feel the intensity. "Jisung... please... don't do this." He begged while his voice cracked.

"Why the heck did you do it?" Woojin hyung's voice sounds upset more than angry.

"I'm sorry." Jisung mumbled.

"I'm sorry? Hyung, you know that that won't do anything."

"Jeongin." Woojin hyung shushed him. "That isn't helping."

Minho hyung stood in front of Jisung and stared at him. Jisung then lifted his head, looked at Minho hyung, and tears automatically fell down his face.

"Hyung..." Jisung said so quietly that I almost didn't hear it.

Minho hyung stayed quiet for a while. I think I also saw a tear fell down from his cold eyes. Then that was the moment he said the most painful words Jisung could hear. "I trusted you."

Jisung bit his lip, and his eyes suddenly became a waterfall. He gulped and then slowly looked at me. "Jisung..."

"I told you... you should not." He smiled at me bitterly and the police took him away.