Chapter 2

After I read it, I swear I stopped breathing for seconds, and my tears started to slide down my face at the same time. Now, everybody's up. Everyone's crying, except for Jisung who just stood there shocked and motionless. I heard Minho hyung on the phone calling an ambulance, hoping that he's still alive, and the rest are panicking. I don't even know what to do anymore. I can't think straight, and I feel like my feet were glued on the ground. There are only two things on my mind right now, and that is, who did this? Why did he/she do it?

     My eyes wandered around the dorm, but there's no knife to be seen. Does that mean that the killer still has it?

     Find out who did it. Find out who did it. Find out who did it.

     Those words echoed in my head. How am I supposed to know who did this? Chan hyung is a really nice person. He is kind-hearted, and he would always take care of the others first before himself. I know for sure that no one hates him – "YOU WANT TO PUNCH ME? GO AHEAD! PUNCH ME! HURT ME! KILL ME IF YOU NEED TO! I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!" I remembered Chan hyung shouted those words last night. I immediately looked at Changbin hyung's way. He's kneeling beside Chan hyung, both hands on his head, crying, and looked very sorry.

     No. It can't be. Changbin hyung would never do that. They've been friends a long time ago, and even though Changbin hyung really wants to hurt Chan hyung that time, he would not do it. No one from Stray Kids would do this to Chan hyung. No one.

     Wait, why am I even thinking about that text message? I don't even know who sent it. It might be one of those pranks and scams, so I should just ignore it.

     We arrived at the hospital, and Chan hyung was rushed to the emergency room. My heart ached, just by thinking that Chan hyung is there, fighting for his life. We should have protected him just like how he protected us.

     For hours, we waited there. No one left. No one even cared about eating. We were quiet, and all you could hear were nervous sighs. "Hyung," Felix sat between me and Changbin hyung. "I'm scared." Playing with his fingers anxiously, he said.

     It took Changbin hyung a couple more seconds to reply. "Me too."

     "This is my fault."

     "Stop it. Don't blame yourself for something you didn't do."

     "How sure are you?" Those words gave me creeps. With Felix's deep voice and serious tone, it sounds like he's confessing something.

      Then, my phone buzzed. After knowing who's it from, I felt horrified. It was from the unknown number. "Haven't figured it out yet?" I read. "I'll give you a clue then." Another message popped up, and I found myself waiting for the next message. "He's with you."

     "who are you? stop messing with me!" I replied without hesitation. "i don't want to play games with you!"

    "Find out who did it. If not, there will be consequences. Be careful. :)" After threatening, he's now telling me to be careful? What is this? "Pay attention."