Chapter 1

Tired from all the practice, I entered my room and went straight to my bed. I lay down and stared blankly at the ceiling for a while, letting my thoughts flow endlessly. Thoughts like, "what's going to happen tomorrow?", "will there be anything exciting?", and "I wish no one get hurt, though". I was in the middle of imagining our future performances when I heard a knock on my door.

     "Hyunjin!" Someone called my name. It sounds like Seungmin.

     "Whyyyyy?" I replied.

     "Let's eat dinner! Do you know what time is Jeongin coming back?"

     "I'm not hungry, and I don't know! Maybe he's with Minho hyung, Jisung, and Woojin hyung!" I shouted back. Seconds later, I heard him walked away from my door.

     It's already seven o'clock in the evening and Jeongin, my best friend and also my roommate, might still be practicing his dance, since he's nowhere to be seen here at the dorm. I got up, changed my clothes into my favorite pajamas, and sat on a chair near the study table. I reached for the book that Chan hyung gave to me. He said it was a really good one, and you can't stop reading it once you started it. It might not be the right time to start reading this, but I just felt like reading it. Do you get what I mean? Nevermind. So, I opened the book to chapter one and started reading it.

     "WHAT IN THE WORLD?" I suddenly heard Chan hyung shouted. I don't know why, but I got goosebumps. What's happening out there? I stared at my door; I was waiting for someone to react.

     "Hyung, I can explain." That sounds like Changbin hyung's voice? Are they fighting? Why does he have to explain himself?

     "I THOUGHT WE'RE TOGETHER ON THIS?"

     "We are!"

     "THEN WHY? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO THE TEAM?" Okay that's it. I put down the book I was reading, stood up, and went out of my room to see Chan hyung and Changbin hyung face-to-face.

     "What's happening here?" I asked, but they all ignored my question. I saw Seungmin at a corner, and he looks like he's about to cry. I turned my head and saw Felix on the phone, looking so confused and panicked.

     "JYP PD said that this will be the best for the team and for me. Hyung-"

     "AND YOU BELIEVED HIM?" Chan hyung clenched his teeth. My heart started to beat faster and faster every second. "IT'S EITHER YOU STAY OR FORGET THAT WE'RE EVEN FRIENDS." Stay? What does he mean by 'stay'? Is Changbin hyung leaving? I looked at Seungmin's way, and he's giving me this expression like I guessed it right.

     Changbin hyung sighed. "Hyung, I could punch you right now."

     "YOU WANT TO PUNCH ME? GO AHEAD! PUNCH ME! HURT ME! KILL ME IF YOU NEED TO! I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!"

     "HYUNG!" I interrupted and went between them. I looked at Chan hyung first, and then Changbin hyung. "Stop it, okay? Can you not calm down?" But they still ignored me. Chan hyung pushed me to the side and stared directly to Changbin hyung's soul.

     "JYP PD didn't put up this group. It was I who worked hard for this." It's true. Chan hyung made this group. He made all our dreams into a reality. "And I'm not letting the both of you ruin everything." After Chan hyung said those words, he went past us to go to his room, slamming the door behind him.

     "What the heck, hyung?" I looked at Changbing hyung quizzically.

     "Don't get me started, Hyunjin." He warned and left me standing there. I also saw Felix followed Changbin hyung to his room.

     "I hope that Chan hyung listen to Changbin hyung's explanation first." Seungmin suddenly spoke.

     "And why is that?" I asked, but he just shrugged.

     "I'll go to my room first. I don't feel good anymore." He said while giving me a weak smile. I nodded, and without any other choice, I also went to sleep with a heavy feeling. I wish everything's fine when I wake up.

     The next morning, I woke up to Jeongin's voice. "HYUNG HYUNG!!!!!" I heard him scream. "EVERYBODY WAKE UP!!! HELP!!! HYUNG!!!"

     I immediately got up, feeling dizzy. I was about to open the door when Jeongin came in. He's covered with blood, crying so hard that he couldn't even breathe.

     "H-hyung!" He cried. "C-Chan hyung... h-he's..."

     "W-What? What happened?" I said when I finally found my voice after staring at him for a moment. We went out of the room, and there I saw Chan hyung's lifeless body. I froze. My eyes started to heat up. There's a stab wound on his side, and a lot of blood on the floor.

     Before I could even do anything, my phone buzzed. I opened the message from an unknown number, and it said: Find out who did it.