Chapter 19

∘⋆⋅✯⋅⋆∘

IMPORTANT

Q: Min, can we please have scheduled updates? Pwetty pweease?

Alright we'll have chapter updates twice a week.

─────────

Starting next week, updates will be on every Tuesday and Friday.

⋅⋆∘✯∘⋆⋅

Also I'm very thankful for 10k reads and 100 followers.
THANK YOU

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
(Author's Note: I was writing this chapter in 27 degrees so my brain wasn't working at all)

Chapter Nineteen: Don't Lose Hopes

Y/N's POV
"I feel like a bad guy, whenever I hurt you." He spoke up with a husky deep voice. The distance between our faces was almost minimal. Our noses were almost touching. His hands were on my arms.

I maintained the silence after he had said that. I lowered my head awkwardly. I didn't know what to say.

"Y/N, look at me."

I gulped, slowly lifting my eyes to meet his. I couldn't get used to it. To see my reflection in his eyes. It only took a split of seconds before I lowered my head again.

"Don't look away." He put both of his hands on my cheeks and lifted my head up again, cupping my cheeks. "Keep your eye contact with me."

I only found myself lost in his lovely eyes, it always had been like that.

"I get so pissed off to see you sad, and mostly when it's because of me. I shouldn't have listened to my instincts." His voice cracked a little bit when he emphasized that part 'because of me'.

"Taehyung..." I interrupted him with a flat tone. "Let's just stop this, please."

It was true that this guy had been giving me emotional roller coaster every time and not only that, but also I didn't even know if I should trust him. I got to know that Jin Young was basically someone I admire and Tae Hyung is perhaps the one I like. I can't be sure about this situation but it's another feeling than when I was with Jin Young.

"Tell me Y/N. Do you like me?" He said. It was just a question but my heart hurt to hear that. I felt guilty for lying before. If I gave him a chance, would he not waste it?

"I... I-." My voice was shaking.

I justed wanted him to feel the same way as me. But I'm too afraid to say anything.

"Will you trust me?"

I really would like to, Taehyung. However, I couldn't yet.

I shook my head and his hands loosened. He let my face go, slowly leaving me behind in the cold water.

"If that's so, you don't really like me. You at least trusted Bae Jin Young, even though your feelings for him were different." He said before he left the swimming pool room. He didn't even look back at me. Yet he had said he would feel like a bad guy whenever he hurt me.

He hurt me that moment.

But it was because of me again.

Is it that bad that I'm being such a coward?

"I see you're here." I heard a feminine voice. It wasn't Ms. Young, she wouldn't come here this time. It just could have been Anna.

"What did he tell you?" She sat down on a deck chair. "Let me tell you one thing Jung Y/N."

"I don't want to hear it." I frowned.

"You're not Taehyung's type. He doesn't like a weakling that always looks pitiful." She twirled her hair. "He tested you today. There could have been two situations. The first one was what you exactly did. Run away to avoid him. The second one is to ignore it."

I got her point. She wanted to indicate that I'm not suitable for him. She was right after all. I couldn't even take care of myself.

"However." She continued. "Don't lose hopes."

I almost had done that many times.

"You're not his type. But his type is getting much more similar to you."

.........

Taehyung's POV

"I think I fucked up, Jungkook." I cursed at myself when I reached our room.

"What happened?" His attention was paid to me as soon as I had sais that. That kid knew what kind of person Y/N is. Because Y/N confront him about me too.

"I unintentionally said something that hurt Y/N again." I plopped myself on the bed and heavily sighed.

"Make it up tomorrow then."

"It's not that easy Kook, she doesn't even trust me." I turned my head to face Jungkook.

"Hyung, Y/N is very vulnerable and sensitive. She takes every word seriously and overthink too much. If you want her trust, you have to deserve it." Jungkook started with his lesson that not every girl is the same. The only girl I have interacted that much was Anna.

Anna was that tomboyish type, total opposite of Y/N. However, her appearance made her look girly. And Y/N has just the adorable look.

"I'm going to sleep." I interrupted Jungkook and put the blanket over my head.

"Hyung~" Jungkook whined and gave up explaining.

I needed to talk to her properly. I needed to explain everything. I overreacted that moment.

I needed to sleep. My head had exploded if I haven't gone to sleep right away.

And also I have to be nice toward her. That's the only way I deserve that.

If it's not too late.