Trienta y Ocho

Be warned. This chapter is a Rollercoaster and also short. This is not how I originally planned to write the story continued from last chapter but something has been brought to my attention and I need to change the plot due to it. Don't hate me.

Daddy wrapped an arm around my waist as I waved goodbye to Noah from the front step of our porch.

  Noah waved back at us and then focused on the cars behind him as he pulled out.

Tyler pulled me into the house gently by my hand, leading me straight into the bedroom and sitting on the bed.

"Can we Talk?" He asked in a serious tone. I nodded, confused at the quick atmosphere change.

"Do you think I'm a good daddy?" He asked me, running a hand through his hair and sighing. He seemed broken, which was unusual.

"I wouldn't want anybody else," I whispered, resting my hand on his knee.

"But that doesn't mean I'm a good daddy." He sighed. "You know I love you, right?"

"Y-yeah," I replied, an uneasy feeling pooling in my gut.

"I know I'm a shit daddy, Sephy. Why can't you just say it?" He choked out after a few seconds of silence, turning his head away from me as tears fell down his face.

"Tyler-"

"You know it as much as I do. Noah was able to say it, why can't you?" Tyler blurted, turning to face me. His cheeks were pink and wet.

"Because I don't think you are," I reasoned, scooting closer to him.

"You deserve better."

"There is no one better!" I yelled, feeling the tears welling in my eyes.

Tyler did lack some daddy skills. I knew this. I'd always known it. But that didn't mean I loved Tyler any less.

He was an asshole. He made mistakes- many of them. Some of them, really really bad. But if he was able to acknowledge them then maybe he wasn't so terrible.

"There's Noah," came his reply in a soft voice.

"Noah's selfish. He doesn't get to make you all sad just because you don't meet his expectations as a daddy."

"It wasn't about expectations, Sephy. It was about the way I treated you," Tyler sighed out, rubbing his head. "Noah pointed out all the bad things I'd done to you that I didn't see as wrong at first but regret a lot now. I know Noah's no perfect angel but he clearly cares about you more than I do. He told me it would be better if things were broken off between you and I, for your own safety. And he's right. You deserve so much more."

  I stared blankly at Tyler as he spoke words I'd never thought I'd hear.

  "You're breaking up with me?" I concluded.

  "I love you, September," he whispered, gently cupping my cheek with his hand. I didn't flinch at the name this time. I wasn't afraid anymore.

  My eyes blurred and tears made their way down to my chin and onto my shirt.

  "I love you too Tyler," I breathed out in a shaky breath. As the words escaped my mouth, Tyler's lips gently touched mine and I could feel our wet cheeks press against each other, our tears mixing.

  I felt lost as Tyler pulled away quickly after a few seconds of the intoxicating, yet soft, kiss we'd just shared.

  "Yes," Tyler finally whispered after a few seconds.

  And just like that, everything we had, everything we'd shared, and everything we were, faded away.

Not the end of the book quite yet. But I did this for multiple reasons.

1.) Tyler was kind of a shit daddy. He basically cheated on Sephy because he didn't ask permission about Noah. When they had sex (though September was fine with it) Tyler never specifically asked if September wanted it. Tyler gave him a cruel first punishment. Tyler got angry way too often. Etc. Etc.

2.) The whole Noah/Tyler situation was brought on by Tyler. Noah isn't as much of the bad guy.

3.) Noah is my baby and people need to stop hating on him, he loves Sephy

4.) I need to end the book soon

5.) I abandoned my earlier book plans because I knew I wouldn't be able to write them

6.) I wanted to maybe attempt to write more books but I needed to finish this one first