happier

Jaemin PoV

"Hey where did you disappear to these past weeks?"

Jisung sits down next to me at the lunch table, placing his school lunch down next to mine. "Don't worry about it." I mumble, staring my sandwich down. Jeno said he'd be to lunch later because he needed to get assignments from some of his teachers, which meant leaving me alone with the friends that don't even care. Except for Jisung and Chenle.

"What would it mean if you told me?" Jisung asked and I just shook my head. I'm not hungry anymore thinking about why I wasn't in school for a week. "It makes my appetite go away." I continue to glare at my sandwich until Jisung gives up and turns to talk to Chenle.

"Hey where's Jeno?"

"Getting assignments."

"Oh..."

Renjuns face drops a bit, but when I feel a hand on my back I jolt, turning around to see said male. "Hey babe." Jeno takes the seat next to me, causing the rest of the crew to turn and watch us questionably. "What?" Jeno asks and, not getting the sign, Donghyuck speaks up.

"What was that babe from?"

Jeno shakes his head, slinging his arm around my shoulders. "Well, I'm allowed to call my boyfriend babe, aren't I?" He smirks and I feel my face burn red. He's really exposing us here right now...

"You guys are dating!?" Renjun asks, a slight tinge of disappointment laced in his voice. "Yeah. Problem?" I ask, moving closer to Jenos chest as he shakes his head.

"Good."

I give up on eating my sandwich after telling Jeno I'm not hungry several times. He just keeps persisting that I eat, but after remembering my dad and shit I have no appetite.

"Wait, where have you been, Jaemin? And you too, Jeno." Donghyuck asks and I've decided I've had enough.

"Maybe if you acted like actually concerned friends and contacted me, you would know! Or hell, paying attention to me during class but you didn't even realize I broke down halfway through class some days, because that's what real friends do, ignore their friends when they're hurt. Nobody knows about my family problems except for Jeno, who helped me in the hospital and is always extremely careful with me even though we met the first day of school, unlike you guys, whom I've known for almost my whole life!"

I watch the gangs faces as they turn from blown-open eyes to sad, regretful ones. "Well now I feel like shit." Renjun pushes Jeno off of me to strangle me in a hug, which is followed by the rest of them jumping on me as well. Jeno, I can sense, is just watching from the sidelines.

"Sorry for being such assholish friends, Jaemin." Donghyuck holds onto my arm harder and I feel the blood stop running to the rest of my arm. "God could you not cut the circulation off in my arm?" I groan and the grip only tightens as I glance over to Jeno for a second, who is smiling like an idiot.

"WE LOVE YOU NANA!"

"Love you too, Jisung."

________________

"Your friends are something else, huh?"

Jeno fiddles with my fingers as we walk home from school hand in hand. "Well they're your friends too, but yeah they're funny." I sigh, remembering the tragic event from earlier that could've been the cause of my death.

"Fair." Jeno shrugs as we approach the house, sighting Johnny sitting in the grass alone staring off into space. "What's he doing?" I ask and Jeno watches his uncle carefully, as if he might detonate at any moment.