proposal

Damn I didn't think this story would get 100 reads so fast thanks 👺

Jaemin PoV

I can still taste him.

Last nights memories come back as I wake up, not even in the bed the Seos' gave to me and instead in Jenos. I shuffle around, accidentally kicking Jeno in the shin in my attempt to face his way. "Fuck..." I mutter as I watch Jeno stir from sleep and open his eyes. Dammit! How clumsy do I have to be to be abl--

"Hey." I almost jolt out of bed from his husky tone of voice.

"Hey." I hum in a half-assed response to him. The corners of his mouth turn up in a smile and he shuts his eyes again, pulling me up to his chest. I snuggle in deeper, inhaling the familiar scent that lingers around the house.

"Where do you want to go for our date?"

I ponder for a second. I feel like a park date would be at least more diverse than a coffee date. And simple.

"The park sounds good."

I look up to see Jeno looking down on me, his eyes most definitely open now. "Okay. Sounds good with me too." I smile up at him and receive one back, squirming to try and get up.

"Let me up! I need to go get ready!" He chuckles as I push at his chest. I'm dying here! Quit laughing!

"Fine. But not without a kiss." I roll my eyes at his childlike behavior and lean up to peck him on the lips. Apparently he has different ideas, though, because instead of a peck he jumps up and pins me to the bed, kissing my neck up to my lips.

"Jeno can I get re-" I let a moan slip as he begins to suck on my neck, obviously about to leave a mark. "I seriously love you." He mumbles into my neck.

He what? Excuse me, I'm not ready for a heartattack this early in the morning.

"You..." I let my head fall back on the pillow in a daze. "I don't even think it's possible, from how long we've known each other, but I really do." He backs up, allowing me to get off the bed. I stick out my bottom lip for a second before responding with a smile.

"Love you too, babe."

______________

Jeno had finally allowed me to get dressed and now, 7 hours later, we're walking through the park, basking in the chilly weather. Being March, it's still a bit cold here.

"Do you want to get coffee?" Jeno asks, breaking me from my trance. "Yeah, sure!" I grip his hand harder and swing our arms together. We don't really care that people are looking, hence this is America and nobody really cares enough.

When we finally make it to the coffee shop Jeno takes my order and has me sit down while he waits. I twiddle my thumbs just thinking of it. What are we? I confessed my feelings to him and maybe, just maybe, he might have brought me here to confirm things.

I mean, I did tackle him after confessing my feelings to him and shit and he told me he loves me this morning...

Yeah, this gotta work.

"Your highness." Jeno sets my drink in front of me and I return a thank you before picking it up and sipping the hot coffee off the top.

"So, Jaemin." Jeno takes his seat in front of me, the small table barely separating us. I hum in response, looking up from my drink that I hold in two hands. I can feel the cream on my lips and watching Jeno wriggle in his seat makes me almost burst out into laughter.

"Why do people always do that, acting like they don't have cream on their lips." I raise my hand up to wipe it off before Jeno swats my hand away, holding my fingers delicately.