unable

Na Jaemin, a Senior in high school and going through some serious family issues.

Divorced parents or parents going through a divorce is not fun, expecially when you're an only child. Jaemins parents have been fighting and the highschool student doesn't know why until his mom one day breaks down, screaming at his father through the phone to "Come home".

*

"Please, you have to come home."

Jaemin chews his pizza, freezing when he hears his mother's cries. The wracking sobs can be heard from his room, which is across the hall from his mother's.

"I don't care, your son is here, waiting for you. And if I have to tell him you're with that damned girlfriend of yours again I'll have to tell him everything." More screams. Jaemin sits up, setting the pizza down and listening.

"Should I go or no?"

Jaemin whispers to himself, deciding on texting his dad.

Come home

I can't

Why not

I'm working

You fucking liar

Language young man

Don't tell me to
watch my language
while you don't come
home.

Mom's screaming
is pretty damn
obvious.

What are you
hiding from me

Nothing.

I hate you

Jaemin throws his phone down, not even bothering to read the text his father sends back. His mother's cries only grow louder and the all Jaemin needs to send him out the door, only needing 2 long strides before he's by his mothers side. He almost sobs when he sees her red irritated eyes and lips curved down in a trembling cry.

"Shh, it's okay."

"Nothing is okay anymore."

Jaemin can only be by her side, the tight grip on her only strengthening over time as several calls from his dad come through her abandoned phone on the bed. Finally, after 7 tries Jaemin finally picks up the phone. He's gotten fed up with him recently and the man is only feeding the fire.

"What do you want, asshole."

"Jaemin this has nothing to do with you. Give the phone to your mother."

"I am a part of this family, whatever is happening right now is going to affect me."

His jaw clenches as his father calmly tries to talk to him.

"This is adult business. You're much too young."

"Himchan, I'm 18, I'm legally an adult."

"Don't use my first name, Jaemin."

"I don't like that you're saying my name with that foul cheater mouth of yours."

"Give the phone to your mother."

"She's currently on the verge of losing her shit right now, call later if you're gonna come home and break up with your girlfriend."

"I can't. You don't understand."

"Well I won't give her the phone you lying bitch."

"Na Jaemin, language."

"I don't need to watch my language, Himchan. You're being a dick right now and won't come home to your own son and wife. Oh, and you're cheating on her too, which is all the better."

"I know you're upset but r-"

"Shut up you bastard."

And with that Jaemin hangs up, his mom staring at him with wide eyes. "I didn't even know you knew curse words." She laughs a bit as Jaemin rubs the back of his neck. "I couldn't help myself."

"It's stupid." His mother sniffles and rubs her eyes hard. "I agree. You guys were kind of working out since that day you ran away, but not everything can be perfect." Jaemin sighs, starting to pace back and forth in front of his mother.

"Would you like me to make you tea? You should just rest, you look like shit." The woman nods wearily and lays down according to her son's words, and said boy taking a few blankets and draping them over her thin body.

"I'll be back, and remember, do not open your phone." Jaemin shakes his finger at her and she weakly nods, laying back down on the pillow.

He exits the room, heading straight for the kitchen. Chai, lemon, dandelion... Nope. Wait, Earl grey would be nice for something like this. So Jaemin gets out a lemon and the tea packets, all while he begins to boil water and get a mug out of the cabinet.

"Shit I need honey." He hurries and takes out the honey and throws the cup in the microwave to heat it up. Most tea lovers know Earl grey is always better when the cup is warm before the tea is made. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Quickly making the tea, he carries the cup back into the room, making sure to not spill any of the hot liquid. When he nudges the door open again he finds his mom fast asleep once again. Not wanting to wake her up, Jaemin leaves the cup on the nightstand and shuts the shades before quietly leaving once again.

He finally checks his phone again to find several missed calls and messages from his dad.

You can't hate me

Na Jaemin answer me

Don't talk to your
father like that

When I get home
you're gonna
get a beating

Sucks for you,
I have school
tomorrow.

And don't bother
coming home
tomorrow if you're
just gonna leave again

He throws himself back down on his bed, losing interest is the other pieces of pizza still sitting there on a plate on his bed. All he can do is lay there and cry, knowing his life isn't going to be normal like his friends from then on.

Wait...what friends?

__________

A quick little intro to this new book jejejejeje...

And I'm writing some of this based off off my own experiences. This chapter is exactly what I went through the night I found out my dad was cheating on my mom with someone I know. From the pizza to the tea, I nailed almost every detail, and it happened over a year ago.

I have a younger sister too but I just wanted to make Jaemin an only child, which you'll figure out why I did that later on.

This is gonna be so easy to write wow