bloodline

When Jaemin had walked out of that house I noticed he seemed a bit off. He seemed fine when we were in there, but as soon as we walked out he seemed a bit weird. I notice the little things, and the little thing there is that he stayed behind few seconds after I had already gotten out.

When we were in the car, even, and I sat next to him he was acting all spacey. As if he were thinking.

Now, being back home and in my bed, he's acting a bit more normal, but I still want to ask about it.

"Baby?"

His head snaps around fast to look at me from where he's laying. "Yeah?" His skiddish attitude is starting to alarm me in the weirdest way.

"I noticed you stayed back a few seconds before following us out of that house. What... Happened?" I ask and his eyes widen. Didn't think I would notice, huh?

"Should I tell you or.... Should I play hard to get?" He smirks, raising an eyebrow. Oh so this is how he's gonna play?

"If it's troubling you you'd better tell me or I'll tickle you." I raise my hands and wiggle my fingers and he squeals in fear. "Fine... I'll tell you." His mood turns somber mixed with a bit of confusion.

"When we were leaving, I heard my dad say something that could mean a few different things."

"...Well?"

Jaemin takes a deep shaky breath before continuing.

"He said "I don't want him to be like me.""

I stare at him wide-eyed, my mouth dropping open as he bites his lip. "What-" I cut off in a series of sputtering sounds I didn't think were possible. "What does he mean by that?"

"How am I supposed to know?!" Jaemin whines, throwing his arms in the air. "Father-son telepathy I don't know!" I toss my head back and let out a long drawled out whine.

"We don't have that, and never had!" He shouts and I sit back, watching him fume. "Okay how about we stay off the topic for a sec and you come over here and cuddle with me?" I open my arms to him after a while and he comes willingly. Situating himself in my arms, I begin to draw circles on his neck.

"I hate myself." Jaemin whimpers, pressing his head farther into my chest. I run my fingers through his hair and hold him closer. "You don't have anything to hate, you're so beautiful and amazing." I murmur, pressing a kiss on his hairline.

"I'm really not. I'm unproportionate, my smile is weird, I'm ugly, I--"

"Na fucking Jaemin if you don't shut your lying mouth right now I'll do it for you."

My heart aches for him. All these lies coming from his mouth and I only see the most beautiful male to ever exist.

"But--"

"Jaemin."

He looks up as I glare at him. "I don't like that kind of attitude. I want you to love yourself, even though all this stupid ass family bullshit is going on. I love you too much to see you beat yourself like this." I push him up from my chest and set him on my legs, still facing me.

"Jeno I-"

"Shh, be quiet. Now can I kiss your pretty lips and smile?"

He giggles and nods, leaving me to lean up and connect our lips.

Only slightly out the corner of my eye can I see Ten standing at the door, smiling from ear to ear.

_________________

"You're too pure nice for this world. I wish Johnny would be like that once in awhile."

Ten leans forward with his head in his hands, leaving me, Jaemin, and Johnny to have different reactions.