⑥⑥. Hogwarts AU

This was requested by SophiaMargaret89 This story takes place in the Harry Potter world!

Type: Fluff

Prompt: While in your fourth year at Hogwarts y/c asks you to be his date to the Yule Ball.

Y/h: Your House.
Y/f: Your friend
Y/of: your other friend

✦•······················•✦•····················•✦

"Guess who just got asked to the Yule Ball!" Y/f sang, skipping over to your table.

"No way! Who asked you?!" You exclaimed, patting the spot on the bench next to you.

"None other than my crush, Ben!" She squealed, motioning towards the boy seated at the Hufflepuff (or any other house's table.)

"Oh, y/f, I'm so happy for you!" You smiled, hugging her.

"Thanks! Oh, speaking of crushes, I heard y/c is looking for you," she smirked.

"Shut up! You're kidding?!" You squealed, feeling your heart skip a beat.

"Nope. He's so going to ask you!" Y/f said, grabbing a sandwich for her plate.

You couldn't believe it! You'd had a crush on y/c ever since your first year, and as luck would have it, he was in your house! After lunch, the two of you headed to your final class of the day, which was Charms.

"Okay, class, study amongst yourselves today as we will have a quiz in the next class!" Professor Flitwick called as everyone entered the classroom.

You and y/f took your regular seats next to y/of, right across from y/c and his friends. While you and y/f were going over your flashcards, y/of suddenly tapped your shoulder.

"Look, y/n! Y/c keeps looking at you," she winked, pointing at y/c.

Glancing over, your eyes met his, and time seemed to stop. You instinctively smiled, and he immediately smiled back. As you looked back down at your paper, you could feel your face turning red.

"Oooo, y/n, you're in love!" your friends sang in unison, making your face even redder.

"Oh, girls, leave Miss y/n alone," Professor Flitwick laughed, watching the situation from his desk.

Class dragged on as your friends kept teasing you, always telling you whenever he looked at you.

"That was so embarrassing," you grumbled as you headed to your common room.

"Y/n, he so likes you!" y/of sang, skipping out of the classroom.

"They're so gonna get married!" Y/f yelled, skipping alongside y/of.

"Shhhh, he'll hear you!" you cried, covering their mouths with your hands.

After reaching the common room, you headed up to your dorm to do some studying. You sat at your desk, which faced the window, pulling out all your books. As you started reviewing your notes, you suddenly noticed a giant owl outside the window. You knew that owl all too well; it was y/c's owl, Alistar.

In his beak was a note sealed with wax.

The letter read:

"Dear y/n, could you possibly meet me by the edge of the Forbidden Forest after dinner? Signed, y/c xx"

You couldn't believe it; y/c wanted to see you!

Pulling out a piece of blank paper, you quickly wrote a response:

"Dear y/c, I'd love to! See you there! Signed, Y/n X"

After giving Alistar an owl treat, you handed him the letter and quickly shut the window behind him. You rushed down the stairs to the common room, where your friends were sitting.

"Guys, look!" you squealed, holding the letter out in your hand.

After reading it, they immediately started to freak out, jumping around the room with you.

**After Dinner**

The sun was falling behind the horizon as you walked out to meet y/c. Your heart was pounding as you walked the final steps to y/c.

"Hey, y/n! Thanks for meeting me," y/c smiled.

"No problem! It's nice to see you," you exclaimed, smiling at the sight of y/c.

"So, y/n, I was wondering, would you want to go to the Yule Ball with me?" he blushed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'd love to!" You smiled.

As the two of you walked back to the castle, you talked about what color your outfits would be.

**Time Skip to the Dance**

"Wow, y/n, you look absolutely stunning," y/c said in awe, watching you walk towards him.

"Oh, thank you," you blushed, adjusting a strand of your beautiful dress. "You look very handsome," you smiled, looking at y/c in his suit.

"Thank you! Well, shall we?" he asked, holding his hand out.

You nodded, taking his hand. He led you to the center of the dance floor, placing a hand on your waist. As the music started, you slowly began swaying, occasionally adding a dip or spin. The two of you danced for hours, having the time of your lives.

"Hey, y/n, wanna take a walk?" y/c asked, leading you off the dance floor.

"Sure," you smiled, tucking your arm into his as you walked to the courtyard.

As you reached the courtyard, you both sat on
a bench by the fountain, the moon illuminating the grounds. Y/c nervously grabbed your hand, intertwining his fingers.

"Y/n, there's something I need to tell you," he muttered, his cheeks turning pink.

"What is it?" you asked, nervously waiting for his response.

"Well, here goes nothing. Y/n, I like you," he blushed, looking down at his feet.

"You do?" You asked, feeling the smile grow on your face.

He nodded.

"Well, you'll be happy to know I feel the same way, I have since the first year," you smiled, squeezing his hand.

Before you knew it, everything seemed to move in slow motion as y/c leaned in, placing his lips on yours.

"I've wanted you to do that forever," you smiled.

"Me too," y/c laughed.

Hope that was enjoyable!! Love y'all