I reach over and pull out a notebook from my bedside table. I immediately begin writing down my feelings in song form. Tear stains litter the page, smudging the ink from my black pen slightly. After writing my feelings down, I slide into bed and fall into a restless sleep.

I'm back in the car. I'm not arguing with Ash this time. Instead, everything's calm, we're listening to one of Dad's old mixtapes while driving along the highway. The sky is painted in oranges, pinks and yellows as the sun retreats from the sky. "Dad," I find myself saying. I take a deep breath "Mom's cheating on you."

"I know," he says calmly. He turns back to my, a hateful cowl on his face, an expression I've never seen him wear. "It's all your fault."

The world suddenly goes dark. The once beautiful sunset turns into night. However, there is no moon and clouds are covering the stars. Rain pelts down against the hood of the car and the wind howls in the distance. "What?" I ask timidly.

Ash turns to me, hate filling his ocean green eyes. "What if Mom wasn't cheating on Dad because Dad wasn't good enough? What if it was you that wasn't good enough? She's always hated you and Abigail's the perfect daughter," he spits. "How could you do this to us? Your fault!" he yells as the car swerves and makes contact.

I wake up with a start. Not like in the movies where they jump up yelling and screaming, more like I jump slightly. My skin is clammy and my hair is a tangled mess. "Up!" yells my Mother. "Time for your morning run!" She pulls off my bed sheet, causing me to shiver.

After she storms out, I pull out my running gear and set out on my morning run.

While running, my phone vibrates. Sitting down on a park bench, I pull it out of my pocket, It's a text from Luke. Hey, Thomas told me what happened. Are you okay? It reads. A slight smile spreads across my face.

Do you want the generic answer or the truth? I reply.

The truth.

I feel betrayed, I feel like my heart is getting tired, it's only a matter of time before it stops beating. My lungs ache every time I breathe. Partially because I'm out running, partially because it's just so hard.

I don't check my messages the next time my phone vibrates, instead I run home and have a shower. I pull my hair up into a messy bun and get dressed in a pair of leggings underneath a flowy, black skirt that had a bow on the front paired with a red shirt with white polka dots. I pull on black ankle boots and do my makeup, wearing red lipstick that matches the shirt. I make my way downstairs into the kitchen. My Mother huffs, storms over to me and immediately pulls out my messy bun, causing my dark brown hair to tumble messily down my shoulders. She fingers combs my hair then thrusts a smoothie at me wordlessly.

Much like breakfast, the drive to school with Thomas is awkward and silent. As soon as we arrive, I get out of the car and head to our usual meet up spot. For once, Luke and Hannah aren't sucking face. Instead, Hannah is turned away from him, scowling and Luke is looking around worriedly. His gaze finally settles on me and a relieved smile crosses his face.

He rushes over to me and checks me over. After a few moments, his gaze meets my eyes and he pulls me into his safe, warm arms. I'm shocked before my arms wrap around him and grip his white t-shirt in my hands. I inhale his comforting scent, old books and freshly cut grass.

We stand that way until the bell rings. Hannah huffing and grumbling the entire time.

Luke keeps an arm wrapped around my shoulders as he leads me to our class.

Luke stays glued to my side most of the day, he doesn't say anything, just comforts. We go to practice after school, Luke and Thomas arranging for Luke to drive me behind my back. We get into his car in silence. Hannah choosing to skip practice. I honestly feel bad for her.