My Old Rival Pt. 3

Your POV 

Nightmare Boost? What was Lui talking about? Was that his new move? I watched in dread as he took his stance, leveling his launcher on an even plane with the stadium. I swallowed back the nervousness. No matter. I'll still end it the same. I crouched down to perform Soaring Boost, a plan forming in my head. 

This time both Lui and I knew better than to insult each other. We both wanted total concentration. I closed my eyes, concentrating and thinking hard.

'Ready? Set!'

'3 2 1!'

I snapped my eyes open, only the stadium and Shu in my pearly white vision. I jumped off, high into the air, reaching the same position as always. But Lui had his special move. His arm had let go of the launcher, moving in a full 360 degree circle, before clutching ont his launcher again. This was it.

'Let it rip!'

Luinor landed into the stadium, gracefully gliding as always. Xcalius was bouncing all over the place, dodging Luinor's path. It seemed like the special move before had no effect. But suddenly....Luinor sped up, circling with breath-taking speed around the outer rim. I clenched my fists. 

'Ha!' sneered Lui, firing up his aura. Blue, icy flames erupted around him, charging along with Luinor. 'That's my Nightmare Boost. And now...Lost Spiral!'

Doing Nightmare Boost had given Lost Spiral mega speed, power and energy, chasing after Xcalius, hitting it, like the Soaring Boost didn't matter.

'Hnag in there Xcalius!' I yelled. Red, fiery flams surrounded me, and red glint in my eye. 'Repetition Launch!'

Xcalius bounced back down, zooming up to collide with Luinor.

'Argh!' we both shouted. Wind blew our hair back, and yellow energy was emerging from it. The relentless attack just kept on going...and going. Until we were left with the result. Luinor emerged from the smoke, victorious. 

Xcalius had burst.

Xcalius had burst. Xcalius had burst. Xcalius had burst. No matter how many times I said that to myself, it just didn't seem real. All my efforts, for two years, had gone down the drain. I stood there, shocked and upset.

I bit my lip and let my hair fall down, shielding my face from everyone, especially Lui. I didn't want him to have that satisfaction...that I had lost. I clenched my fists for what seemed like the hundredth time that day. 

I really had lost. The realization was brutal. I had been so close, but so far. It hurt me to see Xcalius like this. I picked it up slowly from the stadium. Tears escaped from the corner of my eye, leaking out all of the emotion I had tried to hide. But it still wasn't enough.

Tears splattered Xcalius. Why? Why did this have to happen to me? I was so close to beating my old rival...to make it to the semi-finals where I could verse Shu....

Shu....I glanced sideways and saw he had left. Probably because he was ashamed to be seen with such a weak blader. I had broke my promise. To meet him and battle him with my full strength in the semi finals. 

The pain hurt. Really badly. I caught a glimpse of Lui's smirking face and the pain was worse.

'What do you want?' I glared through my tears, wiping them away.

'Ha,' Lui let out a short, amused laugh, like before. 'I didn't crush your bey. But I crushed you.'

He was right. He had crushed me. All of the sudden, the pain of losing was too much. I needed to let it out. The pain, the sadness, the anger.....

I realized I was screaming without meaning too. I closed my mouth, wiping away some more tears. I looked directly into Lui's eyes, without and tears or hair in the way. It was a fierce, determined stare.

'Know this,' I demanded coldly. 'I will beat you. Someday, I'll end your winning streak! You'll see. We will battle again someday!'

'Good,' grinned Lui. 'I'll be here to end it the same way.'

For a second, both of our auras erupted, flames and everything. I gritted my teeth and walked towards the exit.

--------------

It would've been a nice day to celebrate victory. The clouds had gone, clearing the sky of an endless blue. The sun was high up in the sky, beating down on the flying seagulls that crawed whenever a huge wave hit the sand. I wiggled my toes in the sand before sitting down.The sand was dense, but not too wet. It was a nice, cold feeling. I closed my eyes and listened to the roaring waves and the breeze ruffling my hair, staining the tear marks on my cheeks. The sand next to me squished and I knew someone sat down. I opened my eyes and was slightly suprised to see Shu there, grabbing out and holding my hand.

'Shu?' I asked, slightly suprised. 'What are you doing here.'

'Comforting my girlfriend,' he smiled. 'Obviously.'

'But...I broke my promise,' I said quietly, turning away as tears prickled my eyes. 'And you left right after I lost. I thought you....'

'That I didn't want to be with someone who lost to Lui?' When I nodded, he laughed. 'Oh (y/n), did I really seem that shallow? I like you not because you're a great blader, which you are, but because I like you being you. Not like all the other girls who are fangirls and act like every other girl...you're different.'

There was silence as I took in those sweet words. I gazed up into his ruby red hues and he stared back into my (e/c) ones, our faces nearing.

'I'm so sorry I broke our promise,' I whispered, breathing slightly on his face. 'I'll make it up to you.'

'You don't have too,' he breathed back, smiling. 'I'll win my match against Lui. For both of us.'

'For both of us.'

--------------

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!!