The Second Round Begins

Who else first thought Akira was a girl? In the English Dub, she, I mean, he, even sounds like one!

Your POV 

'Xcalius! Dual Sabers!'

I watched in awe as Xander demolished yet another blader in the second round of the tournament.

'Xeno Xcalius wins!' announced the referee. 'Xander Shakadera moves on to the third round!'

I clapped wildly. Xander exited the stage. I stood up quickly, running towards the exit without so much of a bye to the Bey Club. I dashed through the hallways, dodging all the guards until I reached Xander. He was talking to Quon.

'Quon! Xander!' I panted, running up to them. 'It's been a while! Nice battle there, Xander.'

'Gotta give the fans a show, am I right?' smiled Xander.

'You sound like Zac!' I laughed. Before he could reply, a voice cut throught our conversation.

'There you are!' exclaimed Valt, running up to us, Shu by his side. '(y/n)! Maybe next time tell us you were going to visit Xander.'

'Sorry,' I grinned, moving towards Shu and hugging him. 'You know Xander and I haven't seen each other for ages.'

'Hey, Quon!' Valt said excitedly. 'Not long until we get back into the stadium. Hope you brought your best game face with you this time!'

'Don't even worry about it,' Quon replied, a little cold. 'I always find a way to bring my A game. You'll see.'

He turned around and left.

'Well, we should head back to the stadium now.'

---------------

'Atlas Anubion! Two points with a burst finish!'

I yelled in outrage as I realized I had missed a match. I quickly darted towards the rest of the Bey Club.

'Who's this?' I asked them.

'Akira Yamatoga,' replied Daigo. 'He's some new popstar wannabe.'

'He?'  I said in suprise. 'I thought it was a girl...never mind! A popstar you say? Now that I think about it, he's been on the top charts recently. Wonder what Zac thinks about this.'

'Nothing good,' muttered Wakiya. 'All these popstars have fame going to their head. They think they own the place! Come on, we're outta here!'

Wakiya dragged everyone outside to the foyer.

'I need to make an important announcement,' Wakiya declared, facing the rest of us. 'I'm quitting the Bey Club.'

I drew by breath in. He was quitting?

'What're you talking about Wakiya?' Honcho asked, shocked and a little hurt.

'Like I've said, I've made up my mind,' Wakiya stated. 'I'm done.'

'What?!' Valt exclaimed, very much hurt. 

'This is it,' Wakiya said. 'I'm leaving the Bey Club.'

'You can't leave me like this!' yelled Honcho.

'I have a much better a chance winning on my own,' Wakiya said. I frowned. That technically was true...would the same apply to me? 'And think about it. If you people manage to make it far enough, we would eventually wind up as enemies.'

'Enemies?' Honcho said. 'B-But we've been through so much together...'

'Stop thinking about the individuals the same way was team battles!' Wakiya said angrily. Then he composed himself, smirking as he stepped towards Valt, Shu and I. 'You're looking at the future champ, here! Trust me, I'll be the one the crush you. All of you. Ciao. Goodluck. You're going to need it.'

He left, strutting away.

'Wait!' Honcho said, outraged. 'Don't leave us! You believe this?'

'Honestly, he's got a point,' Shu spoke up. 'We could all use some space.'

'He's right about us being rivals,' I agreed. 'We're going to face off, sooner or later. We need to train on our own.'

'I'm just going to stop both of you right there,' Honcho said, offended. 'I do not like where this is going.'

'C'mon...' whispered Valt. I smiled.

'Don't worry.'

'We'll battle again soon,' Shu reassure everyone. We started walking away, leaving them shocked and a little hurt in the foyer. I glanced in the mirror, seeing all the rest of the member slouching. You don't understand Valt. We're doing this because we consider you as an equal rival....

--------------

'Let it rip!'

I watched in disappointment as Xcalius wobbled and faltered to a halt. I frowned. I need to find strength as well as stamina....Xcalius! Show us the way!

I launched again, determined to get it right.

---------------

I took a deep breath before entering the waiting room. It was just as plain as before, which made it easier to see Valt's bright clothes.

'Valt? Valt!' I called out. He blinked and grinned.

'(y/n)!'

We both embraced tightly, then let go.

'(y/n), I just want to say I'm fine with everyone training seperate,' Valt said to me. 'I know yesterday I was a little hurt, but I'm fine now. Same with Honcho and the others.'

'Thanks,' I smiled. 'What made you realize?'

'Oh, I had a little chat with Quon,' Valt told me. 'About why he left the dojo.'

'Oh....' I trailed off as I realized something. 'Aren't you versing him?'

'Yeah. I am.'

'Well, good luck Valt,' I said. 'You're going to need it.'

I walked away