Before him

Sorry this chapter is kinda crappy. I winged it. 

Your POV 

Wind ruffled our hair as we leant against the cold, pale stairs of the WBBA Building, the sunset blinding us. It was complete silence, except for the occasional chirp of birds and and waves carshing onto the shore.

'It's really that bad, huh?' I whispered, leaning into the black fabric and his soft pale neck. I gazed at the sight held out before me. The magnificent Storm Spryzen. Being so close to it....I could feel the power radiating off the bey. Then my eyes trailed up until they reached the crack that nearly broke Spryzen's claw off. 

'It's fine,' he muttered. 'It's just a crack...nothing serious.'

'Shu....' I whispered again, tilting my head up and gazing up into the bold, determined eyes. They stared back, and for a split-second, they flinched, the truth emerging for a second. Then he covered it up as quickly as it had happened. But I had already seen. 'You're worried too, huh?'

'Guess I can't hide anything from you,' Shu chuckled lightly. 'You're really worried about me, aren't you.'

'Not just you,' I said quietly. 'Spryzen. That battle with Wakiya really shook it up.'

'I-I know....' Shu trailed off. 'We'll work even harder to get back on trails. I'm still in the tournament.'

'I know,' I said simply. 'Semi-finalist, huh? Too bad I'm going to be the champion, beating you and Valt.'

'Hold on,' interrupted Shu. 'Forgetting about Lui? I'm betting he's improved since we last faced off against him.'

'Probably has,' I agreed. 'I'll still beat him.'

'Of course you will.'

--------------------

That night I trained super hard. Launching and launching and launching in the dark, rainy night. It was around ten pm when the lights turned on.

Drip.

'Let it rip!' 

I launched Xcalius, determined to pull off a strong launch. It eventually wavered and I picked it up, frustrated. 

'Again! Let it rip!'

Drip.

'Let it rip!'

'Let it rip!'

Drip.

'Let it rip!'

'L-Let...it rip!' I panted, wiping beads of sweat off my forehead. The drizzle increased to a pouring downfall.

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.

'Let it....rip!'

'Let...it....rip!

'Let....it.....rip....' My grip wavered as I fell backwards, darkness swallowing me whole.

----------------

'(y/n)? (y/n)!'

My eyes fluttered open as I sat up from my lying position on the black leather couch. My eyes widened at the my name being called. It wasn't so much my name being called, rather who was saying it.

'S-Shu?' I asked slowly. I stood up and turned around and was met by a mixture of pink and black, strong arms wrapped around me. I leant in to the soft fabric, knowing that I was safe in these hands.

'(y/n),' he sighed in relief. 'You're ok...'

'Yeah, but where am I?'

I looked from my position, still staying still, but observing my surroundings. I was in a familiar small room, decked with priceless ornaments but strangely lonely. Then it hit me. I was in Shu's apartment. I walked towards the dining table and sat down.