Broken

^^^My God, Nika XDDDD

Your POV 

I wasn't myself. I haven't been ever since my encounter with Lui. It was like a big hole had opened up and I had lost all of my emotions, as well as my passion for beyblade, my friends, family and Shu. I wasn't angry at Lui. I wasn't sad. I was just...lost. Like I didn't know what to do. All I could think about was Xcalius. Breaking. Over and over in my head. What if it happened again this year?

I sat, emotionless, staring the wall on Shu's leather couch. He had invited me over, and was trying to cheer me up by making lots of bowls of spaghetti carbonara, hugging me and giving me calls from the rest of the Bey Club. Apparently Valt wasn't himself either. I wasn't the only one shaken up from the Lui thing. Huh, I wondered. Why does Valt and I always have the same problems, at the same time? Like with the boy girl drama...hard to believe that was a month ago. At least I have Shu now. I looked over to Shu. He was drinking a cup of hot chocolate, arms wrapped around me

'Shu? Can I ask you something?' He looked at me, a little surprised to see me talking.

'Sure. Anything.'

'How was Lui when he battled you last year?' A mixture of negative emotions crossed Shu's face. Anger, hurt, sadness, pain, devastation, shock, frustration and so much more. (A/N Is it just me, or do you find it so easy to list negative emotions compared to happy ones? No? Just me? Ok).  

'He was reckless,' he finally said. 'Like he didn't care if he hurt me, or how much effort I had poured into getting to the finals. And when I had lost...or injured my eye...all he did was laugh. But this year is going to be different. I'm going to beat him.'

I nodded. I could relate to that. But how could Shu possibly even hope of beating him? He's unstoppable. The only opponent he would ever consider is Shu, not even me, even though I've nearly dethroned him for three years. Shu couldn't even score a point of him last year. Lui was like a destruction machine, destroying everything in his path to becoming No.1 Blader in the world.

'But what makes you so sure of that?' I asked Shu. 'He's just so...powerful.'

'I know he's powerful, but I have to believe in Spryzen. Otherwise, you can never defeat your opponent. I know Lui says that sometimes, but it's technically true.'

I took a moment to register this statement. Was it as simple as that? Shu must've seen my facial expressions, because he stood up, grabbing my hand and taking me outside the apartment.

'Huh? Where are we going?' I said frantically. He ignored me and keep on dragging me until we reached the park Bey Stadium 'You want...to battle?'

'Well, we haven't battled yet. And this one should give your confidence and passion back. But just so you know, I won't go easy on you!'

'I-I-I...' I trailed off. A battle? Right here, right now? How would that improve my mood. 'Ok. Sure!'

We took our stances. 

'3 2 1! Let it rip!'

Both beys landed in the stadium. Spryzen went towards the middle, taking it with extreme speed.

'Go Xcalius!' I yelled. 'Repetition Launch!

Xcalius zoomed in, eager to perform it's new move. It collided into Spryzen, but as it was knocked back, the axis of the tip gripped the stadium and swerved back in. Kinda like Counter Break, but as Xcalius zoomed back, it gathered more power. It was knocked back, but Repetition Launch was designed to repeat. (A/N der, why else is it called Repetition Launch?).

'Hold on Spryzen!' Shu said. 'Counter break!'

'Keep on going Xcalius!' I shouted, punching the air. Xcalius zoomed back in, gaining energy from the slope, creating even wilder sparks. 'Now! Suspend Launch!'

Spryzen was knocked out of the ring, and caught by Shu before it could bounce twice. He stared at it, as if thinking, how could this happen?

'Ready for round two, (y/n)?' Shu grinned. I shrugged.

'Sure.'

'3 2 1! Let it rip!'

This time Spryzen started doing Upper Launch, affecting Xcalius's Repitition Launch trajectory.

'Looks good! Alright keep on going!' Shu yelled. 

'No Xcalius!' I shouted, then Xcalius twinkled and something hit me. 'Actually, keep on colliding with Spryzen!'

'Huh?' I heard Shu say, confused. 'Whatever, knock it out!'

Spryzen tossed Xcalius up in the air. But I was prepared.

'Now! Stick the landing!' I cried out. Xcalius slammed back, hard onto the stadium. It gathered to most speed and energy possible on the slope, and headed towards Spryzen. 'Suspend Launch! You know what to do!'

A fiery red and gold aura surrounded me, and I was reminded of how much I loved this game. How much I wanted to win against Lui. What I would do to win. A almighty sword came out, charging with Xcalius.

'Spryzen!' Shu's eyes went red, well, redder, and a bright red aura started to form, swirling around both Shu and Spryzen. A majestic monster ran with Spryzen. 'Upper Launch!'

It was a clash between both Upper Launch and Suspend Launch. Both were designed to knock the other bey off, trying to end in a ring-out finish. But which one will toss the other?

Both beys collided, and was both sent flying. Both beys burst at the same time. Astounded, I picked up both beys. 

'Huh? A simultaneous burst finish?' I said, astonished.

'Yeah,' said Shu. 'A tie.'

We stared at each other for a second.

'Well? What are you waiting for? Let's go train!' I said excitedly. I left Shu grinning and shaking his head. 'Race ya to the Bey Club!'

-------------

I don't know what that was. Naplan has happened, and the first exam (writing has been completed). Just three more to go :// yayy.... We had to design some futuristic techonology AND write an advertisement/persuasive text about why people should buy it. I literatlly died. Halp me. Sorry for ranting. Just go on ahead with your way more exciting life :(

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!

Word count: 1020