Chapter 25

RECAP

He chuckled and bit his lips as he watched me open his note.

Your head is blocking my way, move.

I quickly shot a glare at him, and he looked at me with a 'what are you gonna do?' expression.

I gave him the middle finger, but at that time, I saw a body stop in front of my desk.

Like desi dramas, I slowly turned my head towards the front.

I quickly put my hands down as well.

Mr.Crocker looked at me with a stern expression.

He slammed his hands onto the table. I heard Rahul laugh but he tried to cover it up with a cough.

"Why are you sticking the middle finger at Rahul, Verma?" He asked, his demeanor was scary.

END OF RECAP

"Seriously?!"

"Seriously?!"

The rest of the week was uneventful that was until I walked into the detention room on a Friday afternoon.

"Why are you here?" I asked Rahul who rolled his eyes.

"I punched Irek and he cried." He said bluntly making me cringe.

I sat, all the way on the other side.

"Can't believe I have to stay in a room with you," I muttered to myself.

"Stop being friends with my group." He said, his words echoing in the empty room.

"No" I responded. No one can choose my friends but me.

Rahul sighed loudly, he rubbed his eyes.

"Fine, since your so keen on being my friend. I need to try to be friends with you, I guess." He said, and I looked over at him.

"Let's go on a road trip!" He screamed suddenly making me jump.

"No."

"Why?" He stood up from his chair, offended.

"Why would you deny a chance to go out with me? A Malik?" He asked looking at me, his eyes darkened.

"I-are you asking me out?!" I stuttered shocked, Rahul didn't reply and walked out.

I quickly grabbed my things and followed him. I caught up with him and grabbed his arm.

Boy, was he so muscular.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" I asked my heart was beating fast, and I felt my face heat up.

"All I asked is for two friends to go out, that's all!" He said quickly in a rush, that it was kinda hard to understand.

Huh?

"And since you thought that disgusting thought, I'm gonna invite the group!" He said without thinking, he was quiet for a moment.

He sighed loudly and typed on his phone. Rahul looked like he regretted what he had just said.

But if he had regretted it, then does that mean he wanted to only go out with me?

"Stop that!" He said loudly, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Stop thinking and let's go." He grabbed my hand and walked out of school. The whole time, I stared at our hands. The heat of our hands made my heart beat fast.

"Gah! Your hands are sweaty!" He let go quickly and wiped his hands on my jacket. I only made a face at him.

Rude.

"Wait what about detention?" I asked him.

"There's no detention on Fridays, you idiot. " He chuckled and opened his black Mercedes.

Why was he there then?

And why didn't anyone tell me this!?