Chapter 15

"Awww what the hell?! I give up!" I wake to sounds of peril coming from outside my door, trying my best to ignire the dull throbbing in my head, I notice that Cheryl is no longer by my side. Figuring the noises must be from her, I pull myself out of bed to investigate.

"Chez? Is that you babe? What are you doing up?"

I look around the living room to find items thrown everywhere, clothes, cushions, the list goes on and on. Using all my strength inside of me not to clean the mess up, I walk into the kitchen to find Cheryl with an even more proposterous mess.

"It's 8 am silly, I was gonna make ya breakfast but obviously your kitchen hates me." She crosses her arms in a huff, blowing her hair out of her face.

"Aww sweet...but you've, ehm, made a bit of a mess in here babe."

"Oh, you noticed that? I didn't think you'd see." I'm genuinely not sure if she is using sarcasm or not, Cheryl doesn't seem like one to be afraid of a little mess.

"Ah yeah, I also noticed the front room...care to elaborate?"

"Do you not remember last night? It was a bit of a mess babe..."

"Yeah but, we didn't make that much mess surely?"

"We did. Ummm it's Monday, do you have work?" Cheryl replies, quickly changing the subject. I take a quick glance at the clock and immediately I begin to feel panicked.

"Shit, yeah I do!"

Cheryl walks up to me and gives me a light peck on the cheek, forgetting the bacon still sizzling in the pan behind her.

"You gonna tell us what you do babe? In all the madness we kind of forgot that." I laugh.

"Oh yeah, I'm a secretary at a law office. I'm studying law too. It's a fairly loose course though. I used to run my own small business, but that kind of went down the drain when...Justin had other plans."

She doesn't comment, and attends back to the breakfast, and I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Cheryl, I have to go to work, seriously. But this house needs a proper clean up babe, I can't live like this!"

She cackles and walks up behind me, wrapping her arms around my waist and resting her chin on my shoulder.

"Happy today are we?" I ask. She just laugh.

"Yeah. Yeah I am."

"I better get ready for work then, thank you for the breakfast. I'll get changed then join you."

"No Kimba. You can't go to work today."

I turn around quickly, to see Cheryl looking anywhere but at me.

"Why?"

"Ummmm." she takes a quick scan around the room and then turns to face me.

"You are in no fit state, they would only send you home. I hate to say it babe but you look a mess and I don't think you'll be functioning proper until at least midday."

"Is that the best you got?" She stays silent.

"Look, I'll call in sick but I'm going to have to go to work again soon Chez."

Cheryl bites nervously on her nails.

"I have a confession to make."

"Go ahead."

"I don't want to be here alone Kimba."

I smile, I knew where this was going,

"I understand Cheryl, but I can't stay here forever."