three.

who still reads this?

[ bold: kenzie
italics: john ]

dedicated to : purplefacey

i hope ur happy w this chapter :)

( okay u actually won't bc
it's horrible as hell ^^ )

mackenzie

i hug me knees closer to my chest as sophia smiles mischievously. we're inside the building now.

it was as creepy as i remembered it. curse words spray painted on the walls, triple 6 everywhere, and the large circle thing i told you about. you know, with the big star in the middle. i think that's the devil sign but i'm not quite sure.

"alright. what do you guys wanna play?" she asks. "i- i don't care." saryna managed to make out. she looked like she was trying not to scream. i know that feeling.

lexi shrugs. "let's go cliché and do truth or dare?" there were murmurs of agreement. goddamn it lexi. you and your cliché ideas.

"okay, great. i'll start. mark thomas, truth or dare?"

~●~

finally, it was my turn. at least
they knew i didn't want to participate. at all.

"mackenzie. truth or dare?" sophia says with a evil grin on her face. oh how i wanted to slap that her smirk off her pretty little face.

"um, dare, i guess," the others jaws all drop open, obviously thinking i was going for truth. what is wrong with these people?

"perfect. i dare you to prank call a random number." her eyes glitter with excitement as if seeing me struggling. what a good friend.

i gasp. "no! what if i get in trouble-"

"you're such a goody-two shoes, mackenzie." she taunted.

"shut up sophia- alright, fine." i say rather fiercely.

her eyes widen in surprise but she smiled. "i knew you could do it kenz!" mhm. i don't think you did.

she holds out her hand and i reluctantly give her my phone. she types in random numbers while i chew my lip nervously.

brandon changes his place from beside jayden and ashton to beside tate and i.

he smiles at me and i smile back. he's so handsome...

"got it!" sophia yells and everyone cheers. why me?

mark grins and holds up his phone, opening the voice recorder app. "well, kenzie, looks like your finally doing something fun!"

the others hold up their phones as well, some on snapchat, some even just videotaping.

i flip mark off and slowly reached for the call button and turn it onto speaker.

"uh, hello?"

my mouth drops open that someone was actually stupid enough to
answer. also because his voice was
hot.

it was low and smooth, and actually kinda soothing. okay, i'm gonna stop.

"uh, hey. matthew, why aren't you at Rose Café yet?"

"um, pardon? i- i didn't ask anyone to meet me at the Rose Café... and hey, my name isn't matthew, it's johnny!"

"matthew, you asked me out on a date two days ago. please don't tell me it was just a dare!"

"look, i honestly don't know who you are and my name is johnny. wait... is this a new way to lure unsuspecting kids into traps? a teen wants a date, you pretend they have one, they're happy, they meet at Rose Café and you kidnap them there?!"

"i- what? but honestly, you gave me your number."

"i absolutely did not."

"you did."

"didn't."

"did."

"didn't."

"did."

"didn't."

"did."

"didn't."

"did."

"didn't."

"did."

"didn't."

"did."

"didn't-"

"fine then. i'll prove it to you."

"...okay."

"uh, great!"

"i really do hope you live in the same state as me."

"you were the one that asked me out, you know,"

"i did not."

"yes you did."

"didn't."

"did."

"didn't."

"did."

"didn't."

"did."

"didn't."

"did."

"didn't."

"did."

"didn't."

"did."

"didn't-"

"whatever floats on you boat, matthew,"

"you're so weird,"

"thank you, matthew,"

"well, um- HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I CALLED YOU ALEX?"

"awh, that's cute."

"fuck, this is creepy, goodbye ALEX."

"toodles matthew!"

•••

author's note

bad but i actually kinda like this chapter
heh