two.

john & laur are now
siblings in this.

•••

kenzie ziegler.

sophia: we're here mack z

kenzie: don't call me that

I double check I have everything and sneak downstairs. Maddie was at Jack Kelly's for some 'unknown' reason.

I unlock my door and put the keys in my pocket. Sophia raises her eyebrows at me when I stepped in but said nothing. Nadia is sitting in the passenger seat and Ruby was in the back on the left side.

Sophia turns on the ignition and the car roars to life. She begins driving and no one says anything and we sit there awkwardly in silence.

"So," Ruby starts to break the tension. "Kenz, were you sneaking out?"

I blush and look down at my lap. "Y- yeah." Sophia whistles and Nadia & Ruby both cheer.

"Finally!" Nadia exclaims.

"But why did you sneak out kenzis? Usually you're the good girl." Ruby questions.

"And you're not wearing a hoodie and not wearing glasses. What the fuck is going on?" Sophia added.

I pout and frown. I don't like it when people curse. Sophia just rolls her eyes. "Get over it kenzie. I'm still wondering why you aren't used to it yet."

"Anyways," Ruby hurriedly interrupts. "Kenzie, honestly, what the frick is going on?"

I groan. "I wanted a change, that's all."

Liar.

The real reason was that I was scared.

Scared if they would judge.

Scared if they would kick me out of this friend group.

These people were my only friends. I'm not like Sophia and the Turners who have hundreds of other friends.

"Mhm." Nadia raises her eyebrows at me.

• • •

"We're here." Sophia says and she literally leaps out of the car. I honestly don't get that woman.

I see another car parked near us and a big gold jeep. Sophia grins. "Perfect. The others are here."

The 'others' are our other friends. This consists of:

• brandon rowland
• ashton rowland
• tate mcrae
• lexi drew
• jayden bartels
• connor finnerty
• saryna garcia
• mark thomas

Yeah, I know they're twelve of us all together, but usually we do everything together. And usually I don't like what's being planned.

Sophia, Nadia and Ruby all confidently step out of the car. Ruby starts to walk towards Ashton. All the while I just shyly get out (I honestly should be comfortable with my friend group) and awkwardly stand there.

"Finally they're here!" Mark yells. Tate hits him on the arm and smiles at me. "Hey guys. Oh, kenzie, you're not wearing a hoodie?!" Her eyes widen in surprise.

Gosh, why is everyone making a big deal about it? Clothes are just- clothes. I can wear anything!

"Whoa dude, really?" Connor shoves Tate out of the way. Tate growls and tackles him to the ground.

"What the fu-" Connor starts. "Don't. Ever. Touch. Me. Again." Tate growls. "Whoa, what the fu-" Tate wraps her hands around his throat and begins squeezing. "Understand?"

( why is it always connor lol )

Connor whimpers and nods. Tate let's him go, looks satisfied, and struts back to Saryna and Jayden, who have their mouths open, and she holds out her hand.

"Fifty bucks each." Tate grins. Jayden groans and they both hand her fifty bucks. "Wh- what?" Connor stutters.

Tate smiles at him. "Well, these two said I was to nice and wouldn't or actually, couldn't scare anyone. I said I could. So, if I won, they both would pay me. If I lost, I pay them fifty."

Okay then. That's a bit extra.

Jayden hurries over to Connor and starts talking with him, saying how she was sorry, yada yada yada. I ship it.

"So are we going or what?" Lexi interrupts while she checks herself in the small hand mirror that probably cost like 200 dollars. "I'm not here to watch you all strangle each other."

Lexi Drew. Ah, the daughter of the billionaire. I mean, we all are quite wealthy (only Tate, Mark, Lexi and I have scholarships and we all can literally pay for our school), but she is like the top of the top of the wealthy chain.

"Sorry Lexi." Tate looks kinda sheepish but not really. "We should've parked closer," Saryna groans.

Sophia shakes her head. "Nah. Now none of y'all can run away out of fear."

Saryna shoots her a dirty look. Out of all of us, she's probably the most squeamish. You'd think I'd be the one. Nah. I'm only quiet, that's it.

"Oh-kay." Brandon smiles at me and I blush. He was cute, I must admit. "Let's go, yeah? Kenz, if you're scared, I'm here."

Ashton mimes a gagging noise and cringes. Ruby seemed to be enthralled by him. Ship.

I realised I haven't responded and I smile and nod. "Thanks." Don't judge, I'm not sociable!

...

purplefacey please don't kill me that this isn't a aletthew chapter

ily all

[ 819 words ]