Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Catalina's POV

As our lips touch I hear Dimitri's sharp intake of breath. He wasn't expecting me to kiss him. Hell I didn't either. But- well damn hormones! Damn you to the darkest and deepest pits of hell!

Dimitri's large hands come up and cup my face as he opens his mouth and starts to kiss me. Like really kiss me. He taste just as he always has since I've met him in Paris, peppermint and lemon. Oh god I've missed it! My hands wrap around his neck as I pull at the hair at the nape of his neck. One of his hands snakes around my waist causing my chest to be pressed right up against his.

" Oh god Dimitri!" I moan as he passionately places kisses on my neck while his other hand snakes underneath my shirt. His fingers teasing as he brushes against the edges of my bra.

I bring his mouth back to mine and kiss back with as much desperation and need.

" Catalina we can't!" He breaks away. He was heavily breathing. His lips red and swollen from the kiss. His hair disheveled as a part of my doing.

Blinking I feel my stomach sinking as I realized what I did. " I'm sorry." I apologized turning away.

" Don't be Cat!" He stands up and walks towards the large windows. " You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that. Now that we did I-"

" Hey there you are! I've been looking for you!" Harry opened the door and I suddenly felt like the worst girlfriend in the history of girlfriends. He stopped and looked at Dimitri who wore a perfect poker face. " Oh I didn't mean to interrupt I'll let you-"

" No! It's okay!" I stop Harry from leaving the room. If I stay a second longer here alone with Dimitri who knows what things will happen on top of this piano.

" Okay?" He glanced curiously back and forth between Dimitri and I.

" We were talking about which songs are Dimitri preference to play on the piano." I easily say with an easy going smile. I exchanged a look with Dimitri hoping Harry, who's perceptiveness is elite, wouldn't notice.

" You play?" Harry walks over to where I am and presses a few keys. My heart pounding against my chest. I really hope he doesn't see what a mess I am at the moment.

" Somewhat. I'm no pro. Just a few songs here and there. I'm more of a painter really." Dimitri shrugs nonchalantly. Acting much more lighter and easier then I am at the moment.

" Really. What's your preference?" Harry asks curiously.

" Abstract. How the mere colors alone are able to express what you want your audience to know. It's a beauty really." Harry nods.

" Exactly what I think." I clear my throat catching their attention before Harry brought out the bookworm in him and started talking about famous abstract painters as Pablo Picasso.

" How about I take you home so you can finish your personal letter?" He looks at the old clock in the room and his eyes widen.

" We should get going."

~*~*~*~*

Guilt.

This raw feeling is slowly eating me alive that I couldn't even look at Harry the entire drive to his house.

Harry talked the entire way about nothing yet everything. His voice was just adding to my nerves. Harry's a good guy. He doesn't deserve the hurt and pain if he finds out that I cheated on him with none other then my sisters fiancé. How cliché.

We arrive at his house and I see his mother standing at the front steps tapping her foot impatiently a scowl etched perfectly into her features.

" I thought she wasn't home?" Harry voiced out loud. Eyebrows furrowed together.