Chapter 4

XoXo To The Mafia Boss

Chapter 4

Catalina's POV

I am currently at the reception hall where my sisters engagement party is being held at. People I've never seen before in my entire life stand around me. All of them drinking bubbly champagne, fine scotch, and mingling with one another. Mostly talking about business and money. The men are dressed in fancy tailored suits. Their shoes and ties are flashy. Their cuff links made entirely of gold. Woman are dressed in personally made designer dresses that cost more then a down payment of a brand new sports car. Fancy pieces of jewelry clasped around their necks to show their wealth.

I'm dressed in an open back blue sequin dress-that barely reaches mid thigh-with a plunge in the front, showing more then the reasonable amount of cleavage. Pairing it with black Lou Boutin Red Bottoms. My black hair reaches my mid back in perfect lose curls. My usual dramatic heavy black eyeliner causes my eyes to appear as an electric blue. Bracelets adorn my wrist. My phone is tucked away in my clutch purse. I will be honest and confess that this was not my first choice of outfit. This is a 'I'm going out to a club looking for a one night stand outfit', not a 'I'm attending my sisters engagement party where a lot of old people are outfit'. I was first aiming for a conservative look but Isis just had to piss me off earlier and well.... Here I am looking like I belong on a street corner. Old ladies scowl and shake their heads at me. Men try hard not to stare too long at my chest. Most failed. I'm not embarrassed I'm proud of my body but old saggy men staring for too long sort of really freaks me out. I'm glad I have Harry or I'm sure I wouldn't make it past another 'you look lovely' comment without scratching someone's eyes out.

Harry who stands besides me talking to a man about the stock market and politics looks in all cases devilishly handsome. He's wearing a suit that fits like a glove. His dark hair is perfectly combed back, bringing attention to his smooth cut jaw. The blue tie brings out the green and gold specks in his brown eyes. A fancy Rolex sits on his watch, causing the illusion that he has money. I grin as I remember how ecstatic he was to have such an expensive watch sit on his wrist. I make a mental note to buy him one.

The conversation between Harry and the man Jack, a well known broker and art collector, is utterly boring and complicated. I was lost the moment they brought up numbers. I hate numbers. Math isn't my strongest subject. I prefer English where I could bullshit my way throughout an essay.

A waiter passes by and I quickly snatch a glass of bubbly champagne from the tray he carried. I take a sip of the liquid. No one around me realizes or cares that a minor is drinking. Coming from the same elite crowd where money and power is everything I am allowed a glass of brandy or two or five whenever I feel like it. I just have to make sure I don't damage my families image by getting drunk and spilling important information. That will just cause serious social and economic problems.

" I'm starving." I whisper at Harry who is listening intently to what the Jack is saying. I notice a smile tug at the corner of his lips.

" Don't we eat in like twenty minutes?" He leans down to whisper in my ear. His eyes and ears never leaving the man.

" Yes. But I want a cheeseburger and fries. Not fancy broth and fillet." I say.

" Don't like fish." Harry's nose scrunched up in distaste. " And don't forget the chocolate shake." He adds before replying to jack. I drink the rest of the champagne.

" I'm gonna go hit the bar." I sit the empty glass of champagne on a table. Not caring about the looks I got from my poor manners. " I'll be back."

" Okay Terminator." I rolled my eyes as I walked away and made my way through the crowd of people towards the bar.

" What can I get a pretty girl as yourself?" I glance up at the young man standing on the other side of the bar. He has dark blonde hair and light brown eyes. His smile oozes arrogance. He's dressed in a button up black shirt, a few of the top buttons left undone to show a clean smooth chest. He's good looking no doubt. But not my type.