Chapter 27

I wasn't expecting my parents to be here. Then again they have been away for a couple weeks and with Isis wedding just a few days away they would have arrived sooner or later. I wished they arrived later.

If I must recall before they went away I ditched Isis and Dimitris engagement party leaving me in the not good gracious of our mother.

That's why the moment she sees me she skips the smiles and hugs and 'oh honey! I missed you' and goes right to pissed off parent.

" Catalina Evelyn De la Cruz! Why have you not answered any of my calls or replied to my emails!?" She yells loud enough that everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to me.

" Shit! Middle name card." I heard one of the girls comment.

" This isn't going to be good." Another adds.

No shit! I want to yell at them. If anyone's worse then medusa when she's pissed it's none other then our mother dearest.

" Well hello to you too mom." I say sourly. That just angered her even more. Her blue eyes narrowing.

" You left this family in ridicule after that stunt you pulled at your sisters party! Let alone the way your were dressed! Looking like a prostitute and all!" She comes to stand right before me. I feel dizzy off of her Coco Chanel perfume.

" Well I-"

" I don't want to hear any of your petty excuses Catalina! Ever since you returned after you ran off to Paris you've been doing this and that! You don't think I hear you arriving dead in the middle of the night drunk off your ass!? Or hear you sneaking out to go off somewhere with those people you call friends!? I know what you do at those parties! I have pictures!" My eyes widened at the last part. Pictures!?

" Do you have those PIs following me again?" When I was a more rebellious teenager my parents had some private investigators trailing me everywhere I go. I thought they stopped but apparently they didn't.

" They never stopped following you!" I throw up my hands.

" Mom why do I-"

" Shut up!" She snaps. I can see how close she is to losing it. " You're grounded! No going out with those friends of yours! No visitors! You will only go to school and back!"

Grounded. I'm grounded!? Do people in this time still ground their children!?

" That's not fair!" I yell back.

" Cat don't yell at your mother." My father scowled.

" Well she's yelling at me!" I retort.

" I wouldn't have to yell if you weren't so irresponsible." My mom says.

I run a frustrated hand through my hair.

" This is completely and utter fuckery! Whatever! Ground me until I graduate I don't care!" I turn on my heels and head for the stairs only to freeze for a second when I see Dimitri and the rest of the guys in the hallway looking very awkward as they heard the screamathon between my mother and I. How embarrassing.

" We are not done talking young lady!" My mother yells after me.

" Well I am!" I shot back.

Before she can utter another word I hear the front door open and I stop halfway up the stairs as Luke casually strolls inside as if he owned the damn place.

Unobvious to what just happened or the thick awkward tension in the room he flashed my parents a charming smile.

" Ah! Mr. and Mrs. De la Cruz! You're back from your trip! What a surprise!" My mother dropped the scowl and put on a perfect smile.