Chapter 31

Dimitris POV 

I paced anxiously back and forth in the small containment of the library. My hands clench into tight fists before I run then through my hair slightly pulling it. 

Three days. It's been three days since Catalina ran off with that friend of hers and hasn't come back. Everyone has called her an endless amount of times and it goes straight to voicemail. Not even a mere text in return to let me know she's alright. Nothing. And it's driving me crazy with worry. 

I've already assembled my own little search team for her the first day she didn't come back. Had Sebastian ask her friends from school if they know anything. None of them do. What caught my attention even more is Sebastian saying that that boy Luke is gone as well. My imagination started to toy with me as it pictures the two of them together. I shook the thought away. 

I've informed my future parents-in-law about my own little search for Catalina. Both of them seem to not care that their daughter is gone. Not even her brother or Isis. All of them claim that this is usual Catalina to just disappear off into oblivion only to return in one piece a few days later. Veronica promised that she'll be back in time for the wedding. 

The wedding. It's tomorrow. 

Unlike many other grooms I'm not full of glee and happiness that I'll be married tomorrow. Opposite really. I wish it were that stubborn mule of a girl that I were to see walk down the isle. I wish it were her I'll say my vows too. I wish it were her I'll go off to my honeymoon with. 

How can she still, after all the pain she's caused me, have me wrapped tightly around her finger!? 

" Dimitri you should calm down." Stephan says from where he's lazily sitting on the leather single couch drinking bourbon. 

I stop pacing and scoff. 

" Calm down! You want me to calm down when she hasn't come home in three days!" I snap at him. 

" Stop worrying about that whore! You heard what they said. She does this running off thing a lot. She'll be fine. She's with that boy Luke." I tried not to show how much Catalina being with that imbecile of a boy bothered me. 

" Now come on! We have a bachelor party to get to!" I'm about to cut off the bachelor party when he cuts me off. 

" Dimitri I've tried to be nice but you need to get over her! She left! Twice! She's not going to stop the wedding just so you two can run off together! She made her choice many months ago! She doesn't want you! She doesn't love you! She never will!" He said. 

She doesn't love me. Pain and turmoil clawed at my core. I know he's right. Deep down I know what he just said is true. She's never said those three words to me. She never will. 

Blinking back the angry tears building in my eyes I rush towards the bar and grab a bottle of tequila and drink straight from it. The burning sensation seemed to clear my mind. I put the bottle down and try to catch my breath.