Chapter 10

Catalina's POV

The weekend came and went in a blur. It consisted of me being as far away from the house as much as possible. Saturday I went shopping with Salem. Shopping is sort of my therapy. Whenever something is bothering me I go in and out of stores buying whatever I want or don't even need. I slept over at her house as well. We ate Chinese and cried as we watched 'Charlie St. Cloud', 'Dear John', and 'The Vow' over our two favorite men Ben & Jerry. Sunday Harry and I had breakfast at a small cafe and spent our day at the amusement park. It was fun. Better then what I expected and Dimitri returning back into my life engaged into my sister did not once pop up in my head once. Not once.

Now it's Monday.

The dreadful day that calls the weekend to an end and brings us all back to our miserable life's in a classroom or at an office. To us teenagers it's the beckoning call to climb our asses out of bed and go to the most miserable place on earth. School. Where teachers - who secretly hate every single one of us- give us life advice and say how intellectual we are by a single stupid letter. The place most kids await to be at to escape from their family. The place where those with scars dread to be. Then there is us - the elite - who go to keep up our reputation and keep those good grades so we can please our families and follow in their footsteps to the college of our dreams.

Unlike every other day I'm glad I am forced to spend six hours in a classroom. Usually I never show up to the academy on Mondays but if it's to get away from Dimitri, Isis, or Stephan I'm all for being present.

I stand in front of my full length mirror examining every centimeter of my outfit. My high waisted dark plaid skirt reached my mid thighs, my white long sleeve collared shirt is buttoned up with a few top buttons undone, a blazer on top with the academy's logo on the breast pocket, and knee high socks with ankle bootie heels. My hair that was curled to perfection. My make up just a bit of foundation to cover the slight bags under my eyes, gloss, and winged eyeliner. My bag, a black Chanel hung from my shoulder.

I'm glad that the academy doesn't have horrible looking uniforms. Otherwise I'll never show up. Lucky for every female at the school there are three different kinds of uniforms for females. The first is the usual stereotypical plaid skirt and white long sleeve and the schools blazer on top. The second is a grey wool suspender skirt that you can pair with the white long sleeve or a maroon sweater that has the schools logo on it. The third and last are casual dressy pants and the white long sleeved. I usually only wear the first and second. I don't really like pants. Unless I'm late and have nothing to wear.

At the sound of the doorbell I grab my books and phone from where it sat on my end and made my way downstairs. Harry stood in the foyer talking to josh. He's dressed in khaki colored slacks with a white long sleeve and the schools blazer above. His hair is stylishly in place and slight stubble ran along his jaw. Harry looked as if he were about to model the uniform.

" Hey!" I called as I walked down the stairs.

" Hey Cat!"

" Morning!"

They both said in unison.

I reached them and gave Harry a quick kiss on the cheek. I turned to josh who was looking at us oddly.

" Your out of bed early. Let me guess Heidi." I told josh.

" She woke me up saying she wanted Taco Bell and here I am her little bus boy getting Taco Bell." He held up the bag of Taco Bell in his hands that I didn't notice before.

" Heidi can be... Demanding. I suggest you get it to her before she rips your head off." He rolls his eyes.

" I was about to when I ran into Harry here. Tomorrow then?" My eyebrows furrowed as Harry agreed to whatever plans they had made. Josh doesn't have a lot of friends. In high school he was the playboy. Never settling for one girl. Hell! He even dated Isis BFF Janie for two years. On and off. I'm glad he met Heidi and stayed with her. He would've of been a complete tool if he ditched her for Janie.