A charming afternooon

"Oh damn." Said Hinata as she looked at the clock. She had to be at the ball by 9 and it was already 8:10. She had lost count of time while reading the book she had bought. Her mother was going to kill her.

She rushed into the bathroom to take a quick shower. She proceeded to dry her hair and walk to her room to pick out a dress. She chose an amethyst gown which skimmed her ankles. It had a tube neck which showed off her slender neck. The sleeves reached her fingers and she wore pencil heals underneath.

For jewelry, she chose a simple diamond set. The tops were simple enough while the locket was sleek and beautiful. She glanced at the clock. 8:50. she used light makeup and kohl before picking up her delicate handbag and walking out of the room.

Downstairs, her mother was sitting, with a curt expression. "I was just about to come check on you." she said.

Hinata sighed, knowing it already. Her mother eyed her critically. "Hinata, you look beautiful." She said, touching her hair slightly, which was loose and cascading down her back in straight waves.

"Thank you." she said "I should go now."

"You should. I'll ask the driver to take you there." Her mother said. Hinata nodded.

A few minutes later, she was sitting in the car, going to the ball. She smiled, remembering her challenge with Sasuke. Speaking of which, what was wrong with him the other day?

He was acting really strange and bossy. Hinata hoped he had gotten over that by now. She smiled wider, thinking of Toneri and how he would also be there.
________

Sasuke pulled at the neck of his white shirt which was a part of his black tuxedo. He was wearing the black vest over a white shirt and black pants and boots, making him look handsome enough. His black hair was pulled back, using gel to make them stay down.

As a result, when he had walked into the ball room, the present girls had started staring at him with their mouths agape. The boys looked slightly concerned while the elders welcomed him.

"Shisui, what are you looking at?" Sasuke asked when his cousin kept staring at something for ten minutes straight.

"Have you seen these girls?" Shisui asked, his tone suggestive.

"Yes." Sasuke said "And I think they're creepy looking at us like that."

"Eh, that's one of the benefits of having Uchiha genes." Shisui smirked, walking towards a brunette to try his luck.

It was 9:10 and many people were still arriving. Sasuke walked towards the snack table, bored out of his mind despite it only being ten minutes since his arrival.

The music playing in the back ground was pleasant and everyone was talking to his or her acquaintances. Sasuke sipped on some punch, looking at the door. Hinata and that Toneri had still to arrive.

Hold that thought, he could see Hinata walking inside. And...she looked gorgeous. That amethyst dress looked pretty good on her. Then again, she was pretty anyways. He smirked unknowingly. She smiled at their host, Mr. Kenta Yamamoto who had was greeting everyone.

She was talking to him about something but he was staring right at her...assets. Sasuke felt a surge of annoyance. What a pervert. Hinata kept talking, oblivious of Kenta. That's when Sasuke thought he should make an appearance.

He walked towards their host and cleared his throat. Kenta looked at him, slightly ashamed. "Thank you for receiving her, Mr. Yamamoto but I will handle it from here." Sasuke said, his eyes ice cold while taking Hinata's hand and walking away.

"Hello." She said.

"Hello yourself." He said, leading her to his previous place by the snack table. He could see the boys staring at Hinata. He rolled his eyes.