The competition

You should probably listen to the song to get an idea of what it sounds like when Hinata and Gaara sing. Enjoy the long update my lovelies.
_________

Sasuke made a mental note to be slightly nicer to Sakura and Ino when he walked into the auditorium where the competition was to be held. It was clean, decorated nicely and there were posters hanging around.

Ino and Sakura along with the other members of the council had gone and made posters for the teams and the competition to raise the interest and it had worked. Today was Monday, and the competition would start in an hour. Already, everyone was waiting for the auditorium to be open for them.

Prinicpal Tsunade had privately called Neji and Sasuke to her office to congratulate and praise them on such a good job on it. Both of them had looked away, sheepishly because none of them had contributed much. It had mostly been the other members.

Sasuke was managing the sound tracks to entertain the audience as fillers and Neji was doing the part of the comparer. Sasuke had taken a glance at the paper to see the competitors. There were six teams in the team category and 5 people in the single category.

The teams were:

1. Sumire and Daichi (Music room 1)

2. Tayuya and Kimimaro (Music room 3)

3. Itsuki and Kaede (Music room 2)

4. Karin and Kasumi (Music room 1)

5. Hinata and Gaara (Music room 3)

6. Akira and Jen (Music room 2)

Sasuke sucked in a breath. If Karin was singing, the end of the world was here. What was she going to sing? The banshee song? Regardless, he skimmed over the single competitors who he had no idea were.

He left the list on the podium for Neji to manage and went backstage. Shikamaru was already setting up the apparatus. He was Sasuke's helper for the task and also a member of the council.

"Hey." He said as he spotted Sasuke. Sasuke 'Hn-ed'.

"This is so troublesome." Shikamaru grumbled as he plugged another cord.

"Would you prefer staying at home?" Sasuke asked him, rolling his eyes as to why he even came to school if this was what he had in mind.

"I would but my mother wouldn't." Sasuke remembered. She was the really loud one at one of the dinners he had attended. He wouldn't want to mess with her either.

"Just set the things up. I can handle it." Sasuke instructed. Shikamaru nodded. Sasuke started drinking water from the nearby bottle.

"What happened with you and Hinata?" Sasuke almost chocked on his water. Shikamaru; that lazy genius. Of course he noticed.

"What would happen with us? We're the same as always." Sasuke tried.

"Of course you are." Shikamaru said in a sarcastic voice "You talked before and now it's just awkward between you."

"Do you always notice things like this?" Sasuke asked him in disbelief.

"Sometimes. Whatever it is, you better sort it out before she returns you that necklace." Shikamaru said before bowing to get another cord.

Sasuke did choke on his water this time. "How did-"

"I saw her taking it off before entering the school the day of the match. She had just come from the Uchiha Compounds. With you. A man can put two and two together." He said not proudly, just plugging the cords in.