VI : Just a Crush

Start from the beginning

"I see," he said. "Good luck then."

'He's not even disappointed?' She thought. 'Shit, what the hell am I thinking?'

"Ah, I-I have to go now, Tetsurou is calling me. We have to wake up early tomorrow so I'll go now. G-good night, Keiji-san," Aino lied, unable to keep her voice from wavering this time. She needs to hang up now or else he will notice that she's crying.

"Ain--"

Aino did not let Akaashi finish his sentence, as she ended the call. Tears were now streaming down her face like a broken dam. 'What the hell is this feeling? Fuck fuck, it's just a crush. Nothing to worry about. Keep yourself together dammit.'

The blackenette wiped off her tears. "It's just a simple crush, not something to cry about," she murmured.

Aino entered the room again. She plopped down on her futon which was on the corner and next to Kuroo (to protect her from the perverts). On the south of Aino was Yaku, whom Aino was sure, would not let any other boy come near her.

The girl pulled the blanket up to her head and pretended to be asleep. She just wants to rest and forget about that phone call and her pathetic crying.

Kuroo glanced worriedly at over his sister. He did not fail to notice that her eyes were a bit puffy when she came back. Something must have happened.

"You noticed, didn't you?" Kenma said, looking up from his phone. It might not be visible to other people but Kuroo can clearly see the concern in Kenma's eyes.

Kuroo turned to Kenma. "Yeah..."

"She's tough. Whatever it is, she'll get over it soon," Kenma mumbled before returning to his game.

Tetsurou was not really surprised to hear those words from Kenma. The three grew up with each other, and Aino is one of the only people Kenma deeply cares about. He grinned and nodded, believing in his best friend.

.~*~.~*~.

Another day of practice match and training passed. Aino did not show any hint of sadness, which actually made Kuroo worry, but decided to trust Aino.

Then finally...

May 6th, 8:50AM

"Come on, come on," Coach Naoi ushered the players.

"Gah, finally we're gonna meet them," Taketora said. "If they have a manager..." He raised his fist emotionally as anime tears flowed from his eyes.

"Not that manager issue again," Kuroo sighed annoyedly. "Line up, line up!"

Aino walked behind the team. As they lined up, she stood slightly behind Coach Nekomata and Coach Naoi.

The blackenette observed the members of Karasuno. "Line up," their captain, she guessed, also commanded.

'They seem familiar...' She thought. There was this bald guy sneering at Taketora, a short guy with bleached hair on the front, and finally, the one who piqued her attention the most, a blond-haired boy with glasses.

'Ah I remember now! They're the jogging group I encountered when I was looking for Kenma,' she said to herself.

She brought her attention back to the tall blonde. 'Man he's pretty tall. Lev is obviously taller but well, Lev is half-Russian. This boy.. He's probably taller than Tetsu,' she stared at him with a gaping mouth. 'And he's about a foot taller than me!'