conversations.

Rain splashing around me, creating dirt into mud as my clothing starts to stick to me, but the refreshingness of the rain was a plus. Playing with the ripping in my black jeans as I waited, but not minded of the time wait.

Hearing the horn go off I turned my head around and started walking back to the truck. I opened the door and saw her in my clothes and smiled at her soft smile as well. I got in and closed the door as I looked behind me for another shirt or hoodie as I gave her my school one.

I finally found a blackish gray tee shirt and a fully tan hoodie, with a jean jacket which I handed over to Lauren with a little smile. "You look like you like to layer" I winked with.

"How did you know?" She jokingly gasped as she put on my jacket and I took off my shirt to put my white one on. She eyes trailed down my glossy stomach, noticing, I put on my shirt slower than normal.

"You just have that vibe you know, the jean jacket with hoodie, joggers and vans, takes pictures in bathtubs or against black walls. I don't know, you just have it." Quickly placing my hoodie on and letting my hair fall down my back. Pulling out of the mud and now onto the road, looking in front of her but she knew she was the only thing I wanted to look at.

The last song change as a soft drum beat came in. She quickly reached for her phone to change the song but I before she could I reached over and just paused it.

"Its one of your songs isn't it?" She chewed on her lip as she nodded her head and tried to skip the song again which I stopped. She looked back at me as if she was wondering what the fuck I was doing.

"No play it, I want to hear it, I want to be apart of this, it will be a lot of change but I want this." I reached over a pressed the play button, quickly kissing her cheek as well. I watched her smile widden with what I said, she knew I meant it to.

Watching her sing along with the the music was the best part for me, she was honestly so passionate about this and I could see that. It was amazing song and the lyrics could fuck me up if I was in a mood and I mean it.

"When I close my eyes, all I see is me right there"
"In his front seat"
"His headlights pouring down my street"
"I try to forget, but I can't lie"
"His words keep me up at night"
"If it's 4:30, and I can't sleep"
"You don't have to guess"

"What's keeping me up at night"

Grabbing Lauren's phone and her thumb as she started laughing as I pretend like I was on a mission. Unlocking her phone finally I sighed and relief because I didn't want to make a fool of myself.

"I was just praying you had your fingerprint in here, if not that would be hilariously embarrassing." I said as I went to Spotify and opened the search box and looked up at Lauren with puppy dog eyes.

"What's your bands name?" I question with a pout and a hunch over her phone as her 'awe'd' at me. She cupped my cheek and kissed me quickly making me blush even more than before.

"Cimorelli, like my last name. You need me to spell it?" she teased at me as I started driving again. Luckily the rain finally slowed down a bit.

"I don't need your sass Miss Cimorelli" I come back as I start playing their most recent albums Up At Night. (I choose to have Sad Girls Club not out yet and you'll see why later in the story).

I grabbed her hand as I placed her phone in my lap. She happily sang along to every song played and even sang some to me as we just drove around. Pulling into a restaurant I put the car in park but not turning it off as she kept singing to song playing. Going on her Instagram story I started recording it as she looked over and blushed and stopped.