The Comfort I Never Had

Chapter 14

Chapter 14

[Pitiful]
[Zach dropped me off at my house. I politely thanked him and I made my way into the house. As soon as I enter my parents let out a big sigh of relief. I shot them a small smile. As soon as I did that, I felt their arms wrapped around me.

"We thought something happened to you," My mother whispers. "I'm okay mom," I say smiling as we all pull away. "Leah we are really sorry about yesterday," My father says as I raise my eyebrows. "It's okay," I say, not like I'm human and I have actual feelings.

"What's for dinner?" I ask them grinning. "Typical you," Both of them say as I peeked into the kitchen. "I'll come down in a few," I say as I rush upstairs to dry off and leave all my stuff. As soon as I saw Clay's bedroom, I felt an actual knot in my stomach. Is Justin okay? Was the only thought I thought about. Is he safe? Was it really him? I sigh as I wipe my smudged make up off.

Where's the boy who has been giving me comfort from the past weeks? The real comfort I only found in a few persons. But with him it was different. He was different.

__________

As soon as I stepped out of the house, my brother started beeping with his car. "I'm only going because I'm way to lazy to walk," I say rolling my eyes as I sit in the passenger seat next to him.

"You ready to go?" He asks me again as I simply nod. Minutes have passed and the car ride was extremely silent. You could only hear the sound of the motor engine running. "Is he okay?" I ask Clay while looking out of the window. He looked at me then took a deep breath. "I don't know, he still didn't reply to my messages," He says. I nod in a response.

"I'm sorry," Clay says. I slowly close my eyes, thinking of what could I say. "At least you saved your ass from more trouble," I say sarcastically looking out of the window. "I promise I'll make it up to you," He says as I roll my eyes. "Just don't talk," I say as he shuts immediately up. "I'm so done with all your shits," I mumbled under my breath. I could feel his look on me but I just shrugged it off. The rest of the car ride was silent.

As soon as I stepped out of Clay's car, I could feel a girl's grip on me. "Can we talk?" Jessica asked me as I nodded with a smile in response. "But private?" She asks me again. I simply nod. She pulled me to the benches in front of the school.

"Is he okay?" Was all she could ask. "Jessica, I don't know. I haven't seen him in days," I respond looking down at my feet. "I wouldn't actually ask about him, but-" I cut her off with a light smile. "Hey, it's okay. He's your ex boyfriend and I understand the concern about him," She lightly smiles in a response.

"I don't want to seem like I'm trying to get between your relationship." she says nervously but in a hurt way. "Jessica, Justin and I aren't dating," I say smiling. But if only. She lightly looked away with embarrasment written all over her face.

"But... When I saw you guys on the beach, the way you look at each other... I'm so confused I thought you two were something." She says confused. "We only know each other for like a month. And a relationship would be rushed and basically unrealistic." I say smiling. "I swear to god I don't love him anymore. I swear." She says seriously as I chuckle a little.

"Sureee," I sarcastically reply leaving her. As I turn around she shot me a pissed off look as I just shrugged in response. As soon as I walked into my first class, I saw two empty seats. They are Justin's and mine seats. I remember him begging that Scott guy to sit somewhere else so he could be close to me. He never admitted that. But Scott told me himself.

The school day went slow and boring as usual. I could feel myself craving for cigarettes during the day. I begged half of the seniors to borrow me one cigarette. But those egoistic pricks never gave me anything. I almost caused a fight because of that. Call me extra but that's what's happening.

_________

Clay dropped me off at home and then drove off quickly. I rolled my eyes at him. He's been acting like a little shit this past week.  He's doing us harm with his overreacting shit. Well at least there's something running in the family. We all like to overreact.

Hours have passed and I still didn't hear Clay get home. I didn't hear my parents coming home too. It was so oddly quite even tho the music I was listening to was blasting through my ears. I lowered the volume down, imagining all the worst scenarios which could happen.

But a soft knock on my door stopped all the thoughts I had. I slowly look at the door with a feeling of terror in me. I'm a really paranoid person. But I did stand up and I did go to open the door. As soon as I opened the door, I saw him standing there with an apologetic look.]