The Love I'm Missing

Chapter 13

Chapter 13

[Keen]
[The atmosphere wasn't really comfortable during breakfast. I was the first to speak, apologizing to my parents. "I'm sorry, I just- it was all so stressful when Jeff passed away and I just started smoking, in which I found comfort." I say leaning on my hand, as my parents still shot me angry looks. "I threw everything I had away," I say again. They just ignored me. "Wheres Justin?" My dad says in a cold way which caused me to shake a little in my seat.

"I don't know," Clay simply replies. "I'm sorry," I mutter again as they looked in my direction. "I'm really sorry," I say loudly this time. They both looked into my direction and nodded. I stood up from the table and I grabbed my bag which was leaned on the couch.

"I'm gonna walk to school," I say trying to hold my tears and my nervousness. "But-" I cut my mom off before she could say anything. "No but's," I say grabbing the house keys. "See you guys later," I say in a harsh tone as I closed the front door.

The cold air hit my face as soon as I stepped out of the house. Halfway, I felt an unbelievable urge to feel the nicotine inside me. Maybe I didn't have to thrown everything away. I brushed the feeling away as soon as I stepped into the school.

It was extremely odd to come here without Justin and Clay, without the two boys which I trusted the most. I soon felt Jessica's look on me. I uncomfortably flashed her a smile, she smiled back showing her beautiful teeth. I sighed walking to my locker where I met Zach and Alex.

The school day didn't pass as fast as it did with Jus and Clay. I sat alone at lunch today, avoiding the whole gang. During lunch I could feel looks from Bryce and his squad on me. The blonde girl besides him started glaring at me.

I decided to walk home today after school. I couldn't face Clay, after all he was the one which exposed me, to save his ass. I started walking down the street when rain caught me. "Fuck," I mumbled pulling the hoodie I had closer to me. The tears in my eyes were falling in sync with the rain. I don't know why I'm even crying. Sometimes, I have those days in weeks where I'm all depressed and numb for no fucking reason. And I guess this were the ones.

After passing three blocks, a car honk stopped me. "Leah? You need a ride?" Zach yelled from his car. I fastly wipe my tears away. "Leah?" He questions again as I shook my head. "I'm fine Zach," I say sniffing a little bit. "Leah, please get in the car," He yelled again as I shook my head again. "I don't need anyone right now leave me alone," I say trying to hold my tears.

He suddenly stopped and stepped out of his car to pull me into a big bear hug. I instantly hugged him back, craving for comfort. Even tho I knew we were the only ones out on the rain. I could feel somebody watching us. I slowly opened my eyes to check who was it. I didn't see anyone.

As soon as I started analyzing the windows on the houses I saw a familiar figure, watching us. It was Justin. When he realized I saw him, he fastly disappeared into the darkness. Or maybe it wasn't him. Zach pulls me away from the hug, and then he takes his jacket and wraps it around me.

"You okay?" He says as I simply nod. "You need a ride now?" He asks with a big grin on his face. I couldn't help but smile. "Yes, please," I say chuckling. He walked over to the driver's seat as I shot a last glance towards the house I felt somebodies look on us. Nobody was there.]