The First Day Of School

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

[Excitment]
[I was told that today is my first day of school at Liberty High along with Justin's. My parents also told me they were planning this for two months, since there was like a shooting near my school.

First impressions matter, and I really want to change myself. Seeing Justin's joy about living makes me actually want to start fresh and be a total new person. I put on me a floral top with skinny jeans and a denim jacket. I straightened up my hair and I put a beanie on my head.

I looked at myself in the mirror. "Bright clothes look 10 times better than dark clothes on you," Justin causes me to turn around to him and to give him a smile. "Well, everything looks good on me," I shrug as he smiles. "I see you are still keeping the attitude." He says as I pass right next to him. "Let's go," I say as I grab him by his backpack.

"Sweetie, you look amazing," My mom smiles. I smile back. "Clay's waiting for you two in his car," My mom says as she points at the car. "Justin, you go. Tell Clay to wait," I say as I rush upstairs to grab my ciggs. I couldn't find them and Clay's beeping was killing me.

"FINE I'M COMING," I yelled as I groaned. When I finally reached the car I sat in the backseat. The car ride was awkward and quite... "Clay, could you do a little stay at a store?" I begged my brother as I could obviously see him rolling his eyes.

"No Cigarettes," Clay says as he speds up. "Oh cmon, the last time I smoked was yesterday at this time. And some dumbfuck took my cigarettes away this morning," I say as Clay ignored me. "I threw them away," Justin says, I immediately send him a death glare.

"Whatever," I sigh, pissed off as I lean on the window. "We are here, excited for the first day at school?" Clay turned to both at us. I simply nod as I get out. When we reach the entrance Clay stoods up and turns at us. "Leah, this school can be hard. Not the teachers but the students. Justin you better look out for her the whole day, and don't get into fights," Clay says warning us both. The only reason he said that is because Justin and I have the same classes the whole day. We are both really lucky.

As soon as we entry all eyes were on us, more likely on the boys. I just awkwardly walked besides them. Clay left us as Justin and I went to our lockers. I tried to distract him as much as I could, to make him happy.

As we arrived by my locker he seemed to be zoning off. "Jus, are you listening?" I ask him worriedly. There was something more entertaining than me, behind me. I turn around to see a wonderful girl staring at us. As soon as I turned around she left and Justin sighed sadly.

"Look little guy, there's plenty fish in this sea." I say as we start walking down the hall to our next class. "Yeah but... I love her Leah," He says as I slightly roll my eyes. As soon as he wanted to say something a whole group of jocks started staring at us.

The tallest and most masculine one eyed me up and down which caused Justin to glare at him and me pulling the jacket I had closer to my body. "Nice ass," The guy shouted as my eyes widened. Justin turned around giving him the most angry look.

"Say that again," He says in a threatening voice as I grab his wrist to push him away. "Please don't," He looked down at me and his eyes softened up. "I can take care of myself," I say as I let go of him. "But he's disrespecting you," He mumbles under his breath. "Nothing that didn't happen to me already," I say as I pull him into our next class. I sat in the first rows and he in the last. I turned around to him, raising my eyebrow. He sighed and then took his bag and sat next to me. For the whole class he seemed to be zoning off, constantly.]